Advice for new 7 string guitar

Sqrek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm looking for a new 7 string guitar to replace my Jackson SCX7. I need something with 26.5 - 27 scale with budged about 1000 EUR. What I found intresting so far is: Ibanez RGIX 7 ALB, Schecter Reaper 7 (fan fret). Have someone tried these guitars? What do You think? Maybe there are some other guitars for this price worth checking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Solar guitars are really well-done in my opinion. Most models are highly likely to beat anything at their price point.

I own one and have no complaints with it.

Jays Octave

Music Classes in Surat - Music Classes Near Me
Reaction score
There are quite a few budget 7 string guitars available and the Jackson JS22-7 Dinky is the most affordable 7 string I would suggest looking at. While there may be other cheaper options, I wouldn’t trust the quality of such a low priced guitar. It’s a very basic guitar as you would expect from the low price, but it’s enough to get started with 7 strings and see what all the fuss is about.

Sqrek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks guys for response. It's not my first sevenstring. I need something that I would be satisfied with for a long time. It seems it may be hard with this budged. What about increasing a budged and geting for example Ormsby Hype GTR7? I heard good opiniones about Ormsby, and this one looks nice. Anything else worth checking in this price (1700 EUR)?

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
Thanks guys for response. It's not my first sevenstring. I need something that I would be satisfied with for a long time. It seems it may be hard with this budged. What about increasing a budged and geting for example Ormsby Hype GTR7? I heard good opiniones about Ormsby, and this one looks nice. Anything else worth checking in this price (1700 EUR)?
Well I just got one of these and I'm beyond satisfied!
https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-...tb-7-string-electric-guitar-in-dark-tide-blue

Un1corn

Instant Djent Machine
Reaction score
Ormsby is the killer of fanfretted guitars.If you are going to buy a multiscale guitar then ormsby should be your first choice.
Their agressive fan is super comfortable and very good for down tuning.They perform well in standard tuning too.
I have an Ormsby Hype 6 string,tuned to G#,feels nothing different from a 7 string except for losing a high D# string.
Those guitars are made in Korea.There are some painting flaws but they don't affect playability and I don't care. It does not have the best build quality but definitely worth it.
Their hardware is amazingly good.Hipshot USA hardware.
The pickups are medium-low output for clarity,which are actually do a very nice job for modern metal/rock music.But those pickups are too modern so it's not the best to play vintage.

Adieu

Reaction score

17 HUNDRED euros???

Hell just shop the used market, you can get absolutely anything at that price point... fullbrand ESP, Jackson USA, Carvin/Kiesel, any Ibanez Prestige or Jcustom, boutiquey crazy Japanese brands, whatever...

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
A year ago I bought a Jackson BM-7 as a B-stock model for just under 1000 euro, you can find them secondhand in range og 1000-1500 euro. really solid 7 string with 27" scale!

Love ormsby's but I think in Europe they are to expensive in my opinion, however I almost bought a TX twice, love those space tellies :)

Other options:
Chapman Guitars have some nice 26.5" sevens around 1000 euro:
https://www.thomann.de/nl/chapman_guitars_ghost_fret_7_pro_lunar.htm
https://www.thomann.de/nl/chapman_guitars_ml1_7_pro_modern_lunar.htm
I played one, was quite nice

As mationed before solar seems worth checking out.

If you like ibanez the jack Bowen model JBM27 is also 26.5 inch

I did play the schecter reaper shortly but was not to impressed, the C-7 Elite (26.5") however I found a really solid playing/feeling and sounding guitar, but is a little above your budget
https://www.thomann.de/nl/schecter_c_7_sls_elite_afb.htm

Merrekof

Reaction score
Owner of an Ibanez JBM27 here. It's on par with my japanese Ibbies in terms of quality. With luck, you can find them used for around 750€.
Probably not as good as Ornsby though :nutkick:

')