Advice on International Instrument Couriers.

• Thread starter Guy Corbin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Corbin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi Yall.
I'm in the process of getting a Green Card in order to move from the UK to Maryland USA to live with my wife once i finish my degree.
I've got a decent collection of around 20 instruments as well as a Zilla Cab and a 10U rack and i'm wondering if any of you guys/gals/other know of any couriers/shipping methods that work particularly well.
i'm planing to move around July/August 2021.
also looking for tour/flightcase suggestions as well in order to protect them on their journey.

cheers for giving this a read.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
As far as I can tell Transglobalexpress or Parcelhero are the best services to book guitars via, as they seem to sell their own insurance that might be of use in the event of a claim. The other comparison site I know is Parcel2Go, but I believe they just resell the couriers own insurance of which the smallprint is no use for instrument damage (booking direct with couriers is also more expensive than using any of these websites I think).
I've had fine results with all three - but if it's an expensive guitar I use the first two.

However, I'm quite certain some kind of bulk palette shipping service will be more professional and more affordable for this amount of gear - rather than paying ~£120 per single guitar with my above suggestions that I use to sell instruments. Have a search around UK forums for general bulk international moving services.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
moving palette.
that's how I moved all my stuff to Asia.
keep in mind that most of your gear if it's tube will be 2xx v.

Guy Corbin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As far as I can tell Transglobalexpress or Parcelhero are the best services to book guitars via, as they seem to sell their own insurance that might be of use in the event of a claim. The other comparison site I know is Parcel2Go, but I believe they just resell the couriers own insurance of which the smallprint is no use for instrument damage (booking direct with couriers is also more expensive than using any of these websites I think).
I've had fine results with all three - but if it's an expensive guitar I use the first two.

However, I'm quite certain some kind of bulk palette shipping service will be more professional and more affordable for this amount of gear - rather than paying ~£120 per single guitar with my above suggestions that I use to sell instruments. Have a search around UK forums for general bulk international moving services.

Cheers tom, i've contacted Castle Cases on designing some cases for shipping.
love your new Carillion build.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Nice! I love the Castle Case it came in and will use them in future too :)

Guy Corbin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! I love the Castle Case it came in and will use them in future too :)
Hi Tom, got the castle cases delivered and they are incredible, nightmare to get up a flight of steps but definitely bulky enough to keep em safe on a shipping container.

Latest posts

')