Advice on purchase

• Thread starter Pengu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pengu

Reaction score
Hi all, I will soon be given a gift for reaching a milestone. Approx 5k for gear. I already have a cheap 7 string ibanez and an amp and distortion pedal. But that's it for live stuff.

Would you a) buy a high end guitar. I'm thinking an aristides 060r or b) buy a mid range guitar maybe an ibanez az, and spend the rest on a live rig like a quad cortex and amp?

Curious as to what others would do :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The answer to this question depends entirely on what guitar, amp and distortion pedal you currently have. I know I'd take my amp over some of my guitars for the same price.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
10-15 mid range guitars and a midrange amp is the move

I'm only (half) joking. Depending your current amp and pedal situation, I'd maybe scale back a little from the Aristides and also get a nice tube amp.

Lots of variables though, I'm not sure what your situation is for gigging, playing at home, etc.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Used prestige guitar, a tube half stack, then a rack with power supply, tuner, gate, and EQ.

What kind of music do you play? It's metal. Get a 5153S or Dual Rec.

Shask

Reaction score
I would say spend $2k on fun gear, and put $3k in an investment account. Your older self will thank you, and super expensive gear is unnecessary. 😀

Latest posts

')