Advice on switching B.C. Rich Necks

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been after an Ironbird for the longest time but I am very picky when it comes to a few things about them. I like Ironbirds to have a reverse headstock, diamond inlays, no binding, and most importantly a double locking system. Was wondering if a Warlock MK3 neck would fit a 90's Platinum body without having to do any serious work since I don't have much tools for serious wood routing etc. Worst case scenario, if they don't work well what would I need to do?

The 2 guitar in the photos attached are not mine.......yet.

Attachments

• fl7u1qoh1m3cc6r7scx9.jpg
    fl7u1qoh1m3cc6r7scx9.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 6
  • da1b1722c44d4078b67b2021a018a37c.jpg
    da1b1722c44d4078b67b2021a018a37c.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Only way to know for sure is to measure the size of the heels and scale lengths. Rich scale lengths seem to be...all over the place (25.5" and 24 5/8" seem to be the most common).
Plus one on that. Screw BC Rich, we have the same issue with so-called "licenced" Fender parts.

Don't go for theory, assess the situation as it is: take precise measurements

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
I hear you guys, Thanks. I don't think any of the sellers would be interested in doing any measurements for me though.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
I hear you guys, Thanks. I don't think any of the sellers would be interested in doing any measurements for me though.
Did you ask them? You might be surprised.

I always answer questions like that on my eBay sales. I love that buyers are interested.

Try your luck...what's there to lose?

TheDandy

Reaction score
Did you ask them? You might be surprised.

I always answer questions like that on my eBay sales. I love that buyers are interested.

Try your luck...what's there to lose?
Very agreed here. I’ve asked a couple specific questions like this before and haven’t been met with any sort of bad reaction. The worst that happens is they say no

')