Advice

• Thread starter jamesy_pwd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
hi, this is my first post on this website, getting my first seven string for christmas ;) Schecter Hellraiser C7, anyway, i play in a four piece metal band and at the moment my rig consists of Ibanez MTM1 (Drop A) > Boss NS-2 > Peavey 6505+ head > Orange PPC412 w/v30's. the second guitarist in my band has a ibanez 7 string with stock ibanez pups i think i dunno, anyway he plays into a boss MT-2 > boss NS-2 > Boss GE-7 > HiWatt MaxWatt. anyway, since i joined the band ive never been able to match anything even close to his sound, his has sooo much low end and not alot of mids tbh and it sounds really huge, when we compared sounds mine was called "vintage" and really unclear. my settings arent wrong i wouldnt say B 7 M 4 T 6ish res 6 presence 8 pre 6 post 3-4. how can i have a more crunchy sound and more dominating and articulate

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arminius

Reaction score
:wavey: hey man. Well the longer scale on the hellraiser will help. I don't now much about this kinda stuff but a tube screamer maybe?

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
Throwing a Maxon OD-808 or GT-OD in front of your 6505+ should make it tighter and more articulate, a pickup swap may be nice too.
To be honest, 6505's are brutal amps that cut through most stuff like butter

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, your other guitarist probably needs to use less bass ;). The bass player is there for a reason!

Not a lot of mids = muddy, undefined, messy. Not what most guitarists are after, regardless of the genre (unless it's sludge).

peavey settings - crunch channel
B: 5
M: 7:
T: 6
Pre gain: 4
post gain: to taste
resonance: 5
Presence: 5
Boost with a tubescreamer - take your pick

Get your other guitarist to use less bass and more mids.

Try that next practice, let us know how it goes :)

Latest posts

')