Advise about new purchase.

• Thread starter blackgecko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blackgecko

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been really away from music lately and i dont play live anymore, i was thinking about selling all my guitars and amps and buy only one

Selling everything will give me around 4k USD, the question is.

What would you recomend me for the best 7-8 string with this money, think that it would have to be internationaly cause im in Mexico.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stg

Reaction score
Whole setup?

Guitar - Ibanez M80M or Schecter maybe Carvin depending on how they handle shipping to Mexico.
Effects - Guitar Rig or Pod Farm, both should have new versions very soon by the numbers anyway fyi. Also could use dedicated hardware AxeFx, Kemper, or line6
Speakers - Adam studio monitors a7x or a77x. If you want a little less money Adam f7 or Yamaha HS7 or HS8

that short guy

Reaction score
Guitars- If Carvin will ship to mexico without too much of a problem I recommend them, if not I recommend Schecter for 8's, and ESP for 7's

Amps/effects- 11 rack, POD HD series, are pretty budget friendly or you could go for the AxeFx or Kemper if you're willing to put up the money (my recommendations is the POD HD series)

Monitors- I've only used my Yamaha HS5's and love them so I'm not too much help in this area.

blackgecko

Reaction score
right now i have a POD X3 Live ill stick to that and already have studio monitors, all the money will go to one guitar, the best i can get for that money, for live situation i still have a 4x12 + Carvin TS100 + POD just in case.

I was thinking a caparison or something like mayones, anyone knows how many are them ?

that short guy

Reaction score
I paid $3.8kUSD for my Mayones Regius Pro 7. Its a great guitar don't get me wrong, but I don't think that it's worth what they sell for. I have no experience with Caparison so can't really talk on that one.

7stg

Reaction score
Unless you have something very special in mind that requires going custom it may not offer a return of value to pay that much for one guitar. If it is just wanting a guitar that is nice, you could buy 2-4 high quality off the shelf or semi custom guitars and be quite happy with what you would get.

that short guy

Reaction score
Unless you have something very special in mind that requires going custom it may not offer a return of value to pay that much for one guitar. You could buy 2-4 high quality off the shelf or semi custom guitars and be quite happy with what you would get.

+ 1

Honestly I would get a good 7 and a good 8 and split the budget between them. But if you only want 1 guitar I would recommend an 8 simply because its better to have too many strings and not need them than to need them and not have them. if you're willing to put up 4k for a guitar. I would re-recommend the Carvin, you'll get exactly what you want (wood choice, color, etc) and even with export cost it'd be worth it IMO.