Advise On Cables

• Thread starter zhughes17
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zhughes17

Reaction score
What is the best mid priced (less than $40) guitar cable that won't roll into a little ball?
I just bought a Planet Waves classic cable and don't get me wrong, It sounds great. Here is where we arrive at my problem, this cable has not been straight since I took it out of the package, or close to it.
Also I would prefer if it was angled on the end because my main guitar is a SG.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I find that 90% of cables will bend and tangle depending on how you look after them. If you learn how to roll them properly you should never have an issue.

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
What is the best mid priced (less than $40) guitar cable that won't roll into a little ball?
I just bought a Planet Waves classic cable and don't get me wrong, It sounds great. Here is where we arrive at my problem, this cable has not been straight since I took it out of the package, or close to it.
Also I would prefer if it was angled on the end because my main guitar is a SG.

I was actually going to recommend PW cables until I read your post. In my experience, they stay straight much better than Monster or LiveWire. :shrug:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I find that 90% of cables will bend and tangle depending on how you look after them. If you learn how to roll them properly you should never have an issue.

+1.
Don't simply coil them, and especially don't do that awful thing where you wrap it around the elbow.

If you are coiling a cable which has kinks in it, you will sometimes find it necessary to do two turns/two normal coils in a row to fix this.

xxx128

-108 point(s) total
Reaction score
I use somer cables. They don't curl up, especially the "the spirit XXL". Alas they might be a little pricey across the pond...

')