Aeon Guitars

• Thread starter Aeon Guitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
The "Pegasi King" looks sick as hell.
Okay some feedback
1) love the designs, but I feel something is missing.
2) As far as the neck goes make a various neck model for everyone. Such as wide, slim, flat, rounded, extremely rounded that way you have diverse neck types that's going to please more then one group of people.
3) One thing I can't stand about some company's is putting in so many good features, but then putting cheap shit pickups, so if stock pickups could be good that's a plus.
4) you said custom built right? So let the customers choose all their woods, or make a recommendation based on a sound they'd like ( though no guitar will sound the same).
Other then taking that into consideration (if you haven't already), your stuff seems sick as all hell. Good luck to ya!

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
You used a video post-production and effects app for mocking up guitars? :scratch:

Yes sir I did. :cool: I've been using AE for about 5 years, so its what I'm most familiar with, even more than Photoshop (which i used some to make the mock-ups too) My day job is TV production, so I use it daily at work. It's truly an amazing program. So, if you're wondering, yes, I made those from scratch using outlines provided by Charles (possumkiller).

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
2) As far as the neck goes make a various neck model for everyone. Such as wide, slim, flat, rounded, extremely rounded that way you have diverse neck types that's going to please more then one group of people.
Yes, we plan on having diverse neck profiles to choose from.
3) One thing I can't stand about some company's is putting in so many good features, but then putting cheap shit pickups, so if stock pickups could be good that's a plus.
Yes, Pickups will be based on what you want and what is available (your choices get slimmer for 8 strings) for customs, as for the standard model, we haven't nailed that down yet, but we will aim for the highest quality without jacking the price up too high.
4) you said custom built right? So let the customers choose all their woods, or make a recommendation based on a sound they'd like ( though no guitar will sound the same).
Yes, woods will be totally up to the customer, but we will have our recommendations.

Thanks for the feed back.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I'd love to get a Titan w/ the F-hole, if the price was right.

bandinaboy

SS.org Unsui
Reaction score
Besides the bridge, "The Titan" is pretty much my dream 8-string guitar. and i HOPE by the time I am living on my own, having a real job, done with college, i will both have the money, and you will have this guitar available. Because i will buy that.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Actually it just says Aeon. As far as I can tell anyway. Go to www.dafont.com and look in the foreign stuff and youll see the font we used ;)

I think he means that you used Lamda Sigma Omicron Pi as the letters. Technically speaking, if you wanted to spell Aeon with the Greek alphabet you'd use alpha epsilon omicron nu. Which, unfortunately would look like the very-English, non-Greek AEON. But it's a logo, so who's to say you couldn't say the letters were Lamda Signma Omicron Pi, and people just pronounce it in the English language as AEON.

killertone

Reaction score
Designs look cool. :hbang:

I would go for less info about mythical beings and more about the guitars though. :2c:

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
Designs look cool. :hbang:

I would go for less info about mythical beings and more about the guitars though. :2c:

The info on the mythical beings is just temporary filler content till we can nail down specs. Look for that to be updated soon.

brutus627

Givah some!
Reaction score
the titan is absolutely sick :bowdown: if you guys could do this for a price that wasn't astronomical i would buy one...

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Oh my god. Those flying Vs. If I had money, I'd order like...10 of them.

i like the pegasus

I have to admit, I really don't like V's. That all changed 2 minutes ago when I saw your models. That Pegasus is THE most attractive looking V I've ever seen. EVER.

Pegasus-F7-Walnut-up-e1296199912860-405x1024.png

EV-ER.

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
I did some updates to the site and we added some Carbon Fiber mock-ups just for fun. Before you ask, we're not sure if we will actually offer carbon fiber as an option, but it something we are looking into.:cool:

pegasus-m7-cf-final.jpg

kruneh

Reaction score
The fanned frets works really well with the V design of yours.
Great stuff :hbang:

Chronograph

Reaction score
Having invested around US$ 100,000 in guitars and guitar-related stuff for the last three or four years, I wouldn't mind having another custom:yum: I like the Titan mockup by the way.

That said, IMHO you guys have started with a wrong concept commercially-wise. Greek mythology is fine, the mockups look good but the QUALITY of an instrument is of utmost importance for a potential customer. I've seen hundreds of fancy-looking axes but when it comes to the quality of craftsmanship, sound and playability, I always return to old good PRSs and the like.

Think Blackmachine or Oni. What's the core thing their reputation and success are built upon? Right, it's the quality of craftsmanship. Quality comes first, fancy look and Greek mythology come second. That said, I am afraid no one would be interested in ordering a guitar without checking out a working prototype first.

All that said, I wish you all the success with your venture:hbang:

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
Having invested around US$ 100,000 in guitars and guitar-related stuff for the last three or four years, I wouldn't mind having another custom:yum: I like the Titan mockup by the way.

That said, IMHO you guys have started with a wrong concept commercially-wise. Greek mythology is fine, the mockups look good but the QUALITY of an instrument is of utmost importance for a potential customer. I've seen hundreds of fancy-looking axes but when it comes to the quality of craftsmanship, sound and playability, I always return to old good PRSs and the like.

Think Blackmachine or Oni. What's the core thing their reputation and success are built upon? Right, it's the quality of craftsmanship. Quality comes first, fancy look and Greek mythology come second. That said, I am afraid no one would be interested in ordering a guitar without checking out a working prototype first.

All that said, I wish you all the success with your venture:hbang:

Thanks for the feedback Chrono. This is the the number one comment that we have seen from everyone, "I want to see real builds/prototypes before ordering". I would just like to say that we understand this 100%. Thus, like we've posted in our ordering page, we are not taking any orders, and will not be taking any orders until we are absolutely certain we can deliver a very high quality product. The purpose of the website and mock-ups was to:

1. See if our designs would even interest people. (So far it seems they have) We didn't want to invest all the time and money its going to take to get our operation off the ground if no one was going to be interested.

2. To show our excitement and dedication to putting in the hard work.

3. To get our name out there and start building a reputation. If, in the near future, we build some successful prototypes and get ready to take orders, then we will at least have a group of people that have been following our process, instead of just jumping onto the scene.

If we fail with prototypes, no harm, no foul, because we haven't taken a dime from anyone. One thing we can guarantee is that we will not try to sell anything that isn't of the highest quality. You are right, the quality of the instrument is the most important thing. That is the core of everything we are striving for in this venture. The rest is just for artist design, which we believe is also very important, as most of us love looking at guitars as much as we do playing them. So, in short our goal is to get the perfect combination of a high quality instrument that plays great and looks amazing. I hope this clears things up a bit.

Thanks again.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Other than the headstock looking very similar to Oni's it;s a nice concept.

Latest posts

')