Aeon Guitars

• Thread starter Aeon Guitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We would like to announce that we are in the process of starting up a custom hand built guitar company. We have developed a website (www.aeonguitars.com) with design mockups in order to gauge interest and gather some feedback. If all continues to go well, we plan on building up some prototypes and eventually start taking orders. We ask that you come take a look and give us your input. Our goal is to build guitars with excellent quality and a lot of class. We also want to build guitars the way guitar players want, so this is your opportunity to tell us what that is. Feel free to comment on the pages or send us an email. We dont mind criticism but we do ask that please keep your comments as helpful as possible.

Thanks and we hope you like what you see.

www.aeonguitars.com

To avoid confusion I also post on here under the name possumkiller and have been a member for some time. So far this is planned to be a two man operation between myself and my bandmate Adam. He has an account on here under the name sirrance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hey man, good luck with the new venture. Those look like pretty challenging first builds.
Do you guys have lutherie experience?
I wish you the best of luck, but I will say that I would suspect most members on here will be relatively skeptical until there are a couple of completed prototypes. We've seen a lot of people over the past couple of years get a company logo, design a site, come up with specs for really cool guitars, only to never go on to produce anything. What would be a cool start is a build thread and keep the pace up so it looks like a serious venture. :yesway:

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
All of the mockups look absolutely stellar, and I'd definitely be interested in the Titan model if the price was right. I'm not keen on the F hole however, but thats just me. I've been planning to purchase a PRS for a while, but would love to get a custom. But as Hollowway said, I'd be skeptical without reputable reviews.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I'd skip with the whole mythology gimmick. It just seems like you are trying too hard and I don't give a rats ass about Greek mythology. I wouldn't buy something just for a cool name....like Toyota Matrix. Thats a pretty badass name.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Ok, some feedback:

1. I really like your guitar designs. They're unique but not too far-fetched, but I'de really need to see some actual builds instead of just photo shopped mock-ups (though I understand that will take time).

2. Your introduction post does not mention anything about your unique designs nor does it give us the impression that you're setting yourself apart from the competition. There is no mention of a Unique Selling Point (Semi hollow+fan fretted 8 strings, your the only ones doing them afaik) which is a shame.

3. The F-Hole is a stark contrast with your designs, it's overly simple and too small. I'de make it slightly wider or longer and maybe a bit more dramatic.

If you want any advice on an entrepeneurial level or communications management (I study International Communications Management with a special interest in entrepeneurship) then let me know. I could help with a business plan or atleast some communications pointers.

In short, you have a visionary statement (though it is MUCH too concrete) but not really a mission statement. A mission statement would allow both you and your partner to be more flexible in business as well as always having a clear reference point as to where you want your company to go. I have to say, I am rooting for you.

EDIT: I forgot to say, your website is visually speaking stellar and I dig the mythological background introductions on the guitars, though I would like to see a little more ''guitar talk'' there too.

Aeon Guitars

ss.org Unleaded
Reaction score
Right now we are just trying to see if anyone would be interested in these designs and concepts. We really dont want to build Strat, Tele, and Les Paul copies. We are very much into extended range and different scales.

Trust me we understand that we have zero respect or credibility until we have some wood and metal prototypes to show. We are working on that but we want to find out if we could sell these or if we would just be building guitars for our own use.

We dont have specs completely nailed down and probably wont until we get into the prototyping stage. With the Titan and Gorgon for instance. The design concept (that doesnt show very well with the mockup) we want a carved top and back. Think of the carved top on a PRS or LP. Then the back will be carved as well. The center of the guitar will be kept to standard thickness and will taper out to the perimeter getting thinner and then dishing out at the edge. Not as thin as an Ibanez S but a similar concept.

EDIT: Basically whats going on here is we are seeing if there is any market or interest in our design ideas. If we get a lot of positive feedback and suggestions we will disappear for a while and come back with prototype build threads. If those are well recieved we will invite people out for testing and get some local players to test them out and review them. If people dig it we will start taking orders. A very limited number of orders. We dont want to bite off more than we can chew and have our quality and reputation suffer for it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Generally speaking I really like the designs and the woods, etc. How the heck did you guys mock those up? That's pretty impressive.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That V is very unique and interesting, without being too ridiculous.

The headstock looks familiar. ;)

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Gorgon looks beautiful. I'm unsure of the F-holes, I think a finished guitar would probably quell my doubts about that though, but in general they look incredible.

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Loving the looks of the Gorgan model (especially with the f hole).

Also the idea of violin tailpieces are cool and could definately hold some practicality in the sense of having fine tuners ect. Would love to see future prototypes, as well as some luthier based credentials (they may be on the sight, if so I apologise). I think that when dealing with your first customers that shedding some light on past experience will be vital, as customer reviews won't be available.

Anyways, some awesome designs. I hope you continue this venture and i'll definately be keeping my eye on developments in this thread.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Nope we are not professional luthiers by any means. However, everybody has to start somewhere. Guitar builders are just as human as the rest of us so I dont think its impossible for us to build these. If any of you recall there was a man with no experience who built a quite nice RG7 neck through with even his own machined tremolo plate. Grimey was his SN I believe.

We dont plan on rushing any of this. We want to make sure that everything will be perfect. We also realise that nobody is gonna pay out the ass for a guitar nobody has ever heard of so our pricing will be pretty competitive.

TheDeltaOrionis

Reaction score
Wow, I really like these projects!
The "Titan" and the "Satyr" are my favourite ones \m/

Positive feedback for me ;)

Latest posts

')