Aerosmith is done

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Epic career and a shitload of hits. I was never a big fan but I had Get Your Wings on vinyl when I was a kid and played the hell outta that one. Sorry to hear it didn't end how they'd hoped it to.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Bassist's son is a black metal guy. Brought the band Shining to the U.S. to play in Rhode Island once from what I can recall. Random factoid.

Last edited:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Ah, the beautiful legacy act circle of profit

Step 1: announce breakup
Step 2: rake in merch/physical media sales until interest dies down
Step 3: Announce reunion tour
Step 4: rake in merch/physical media sales until interest dies down
Step 5: announce breakup.....

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
As a kid, I was into KISS, and I remember my cousin was into Aerosmith. I'm not sure he ever got into KISS (don't blame him; the anthem shit turns people off and they never bother to listen past the singles), but I got into Aerosmith. My favorites are Toys in the Attic and Rocks, but the first 5 or 6 albums are great. They pretty much started off where KISS was at their peak. Aerosmith pretty much were there from the beginning, while KISS had to work at it. They only got better, until the drugs and alcohol basically tore it all up. Getting serious and off the bullshit made them the only 70s heritage act that didn't have to rely solely on their nostalgia trip to keep the train a-rollin'.

Enjoy retirement, guys. Maybe Joe will put out something that isn't another (sorry, Alice) rather awful Hollywood Vampires release.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

I was gonna make a similar joke, but given the circumstances of the breakup it doesn't seem like it's possible lol
unless they get a miracle doctor like the one that saved Brian Johnson and AC/DC

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score

Except unlike most legacy acts, they have had well selling singles far past what most legacy acts can claim. Most legacy acts live off of the first ten years, regardless of how many decades of music they have released.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When I'm on an elevator I often think "love on an elevator". (When I'm on an escalator I often think "love on an escalator".)

I have Toys In the Attic on cassette for some reason.

That's all I got.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
My guitar teacher was a huge Aerosmith fan and remember him telling me how much he loved Get a Grip as a kid. I'd taken lessons from him from when I started out at 10 and literally until the week or two before I went off to college, and I gave him as a gift for all those years vinyl copies of Rocks and Toys in the Attic.

I've really enjoyed a good amount of their songs. Rocks is definitely my favorite album as some others have mentioned and I've also had a soft spot for the late 80s/early 90s comeback.

I was thinking of seeing them this tour last year but didn't think I could make it, so I was looking forward to seeing them again possibly this time around. It's a bummer for sure.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I definitely respect Aerosmith. Joe Perry, Steven Tyler, and the rest of the band consistently dropped pretty decent rock for decades. They have been doing this professionally since before I was born, and did not ever really feel like they were just rehashing or phoning it in for a paycheck.

A career ending injury sucks, but at least they can retire knowing that they achieved an epic career for decades longer than most bands who ever make it to worldwide recognition.

')