Aerosmith is done

Zhysick

Reaction score
As a kid I always gravitated towards Get a Grip and I truly think that it was because of the cow in the cover but still liked a lot Aerosmith and I am soooooo happy that I saw them live once.

I was not into their music anymore but still enjoyed the show A LOT because they were so frigging amazing on the stage.

Well deserved retirement, they did all they could and considering how fucked up they are with age, a lot more than humanly expected 🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Epic band that never stopped filling arenas. They were my first concert in high school with Dokken opening.

Despite not being a huge fan I saw them more times than I can count because someone I knew was always going when they played local and they always put on a killer show.

Sad to see them go, end of an era.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As a 90s kid, they popularized both Alicia Silverstone and girls getting belly piercings...
I had a weird phobia of piercings as a kid, and every time I watched that music video I thought she bungie jumped attached to her belly button ring. Made me wanna hurl.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't like anything after their first breakup, but farewell to the "Bad Boys from Boston". I think Joe Perry was the only New England native.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Legendary band. I honestly was surprised they weren’t already retired because they’ve been around so long.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Real shame they have gone out like this. Not really paid much attention to them post Get a Grip, but def one of my favourite bands. The 70s stuff is incredible and then after being washed up and fucked up they produce arguably the greatest come back in rock history in the late 80s. Pump is right up there with Toys & Rocks. I listen to Pump quite a lot still. Superb live. Got a live recording/bootleg of their 1990 Donnington performance, one where Page comes out for Train Kept A Rollin, amazing! Saw them at Wembley too in the 90s with Lenny Kravitz as support, fantastic day. Used to watch Texxas Jam live vhs loads too

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Real shame they have gone out like this. Not really paid much attention to them post Get a Grip, but def one of my favourite bands. The 70s stuff is incredible and then after being washed up and fucked up they produce arguably the greatest come back in rock history in the late 80s. Pump is right up there with Toys & Rocks. I listen to Pump quite a lot still. Superb live. Got a live recording/bootleg of their 1990 Donnington performance, one where Page comes out for Train Kept A Rollin, amazing! Saw them at Wembley too in the 90s with Lenny Kravitz as support, fantastic day. Used to watch Texxas Jam live vhs loads too
It's not arguably. Name a band that was left for dead, then turned it around and achieved greater heights with new music -- not nostalgia -- after imploding?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That sucks. They are my one of my partner's favorite bands, and I've never not enjoyed it when she's in the mood to blast their music.

We had tickets to see them in Montreal this January 26, but then Steven hurt his larynx and they put the show on hold. Then months later they announced it had been pushed it to January 10th 2025. We were looking forward to catching them one last time. I've never seen them live, so I really wanted it out of my bucketlist. Sucks that much harder.

Oh well.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, they had some good songs, but Steven Tyler seems to be a distinctively shitty, cruel person and fucked up looking frogman hybrid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Tyler#Family_and_relationships
Most artists from that era have a shitty fucking past. It was almost cultural at the time. Not justifying anything, just pointing out that having a stance that harsh makes you not enjoy most things and potentially invalidates most of the things you already do like. A lot of those people have also cleaned up their acts in recent times.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Thread title had me thinking Perry said the N word or something. They're just retiring. Good for them, had a hell of a run.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Most artists from that era have a shitty fucking past. It was almost cultural at the time. Not justifying anything, just pointing out that having a stance that harsh makes you not enjoy most things and potentially invalidates most of the things you already do like. A lot of those people have also cleaned up their acts in recent times.
Whataboutism doesn't erase or lessen the impact of people's actions, multiple people can be horrible at the same time. Just because generations of rock stars got away with vile behavior doesn't mean one man's past doesn't get to follow him. We're talking about Aerosmith here, and Tyler is a demonstrably gross individual.

It's music, it's art, it's a luxury good. I can live happily without ever intentionally listening to another Aerosmith song again. Celebrities rehabilitating their image is a business move, not a moral one. Is he a great vocalist and rock personality? Sure. Did he do some egregious things to young women decades ago? Also yes. His accomplishments as a musician exist in the same reality as his sordid private actions, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Latest posts

')