Aerosmith is done

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Whataboutism doesn't erase or lessen the impact of people's actions, multiple people can be horrible at the same time. Just because generations of rock stars got away with vile behavior doesn't mean one man's past doesn't get to follow him. We're talking about Aerosmith here, and Tyler is a demonstrably gross individual.

It's music, it's art, it's a luxury good. I can live happily without ever intentionally listening to another Aerosmith song again. Celebrities rehabilitating their image is a business move, not a moral one. Is he a great vocalist and rock personality? Sure. Did he do some egregious things to young women decades ago? Also yes. His accomplishments as a musician exist in the same reality as his sordid private actions, they aren't mutually exclusive.
You and I are in agreement, except for the part where we can allow ourselves to enjoy the art and cultural impact without idolizing or supporting their past actions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Whataboutism doesn't erase or lessen the impact of people's actions, multiple people can be horrible at the same time. Just because generations of rock stars got away with vile behavior doesn't mean one man's past doesn't get to follow him. We're talking about Aerosmith here, and Tyler is a demonstrably gross individual.

It's music, it's art, it's a luxury good. I can live happily without ever intentionally listening to another Aerosmith song again. Celebrities rehabilitating their image is a business move, not a moral one. Is he a great vocalist and rock personality? Sure. Did he do some egregious things to young women decades ago? Also yes. His accomplishments as a musician exist in the same reality as his sordid private actions, they aren't mutually exclusive.
So no Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, and David Bowie for you then? With this stance, either be consistent, or be a hypocrite. Take your pick.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
So no Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, and David Bowie for you then? With this stance, either be consistent, or be a hypocrite. Take your pick.
Yup, basically! I’m only 30 so that era of music isn’t particularly impactful/important to me.

I’m not trying to dispute their respective artistic achievements in music, just saying that we always have a choice in supporting these artists with our money and time/attention.

Latest posts

')