After a long break, getting back into it

• Thread starter huber
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I had to sell almost all my music gear, including guitars, years ago because of life shit. I came across a deal on a low end ibanez s 6 string and decided to pick it up a few months ago to get back into music.

But I should have known, I need that 7th string. So I am planning my next guitar purchase, and I am making it a high(er) end 7. I was gunna just go for a forum favorite during the old days, a Universe, but I know things definitely must have changed. Any other guitars in that price range giving it a run for its money? I did a cursory look and it seemed a lot of the appealing options in that price range lack a trem, and I am a man that wants his trem.

Thanks folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I had to sell almost all my music gear, including guitars, years ago because of life shit. I came across a deal on a low end ibanez s 6 string and decided to pick it up a few months ago to get back into music.

But I should have known, I need that 7th string. So I am planning my next guitar purchase, and I am making it a high(er) end 7. I was gunna just go for a forum favorite during the old days, a Universe, but I know things definitely must have changed. Any other guitars in that price range giving it a run for its money? I did a cursory look and it seemed a lot of the appealing options in that price range lack a trem, and I am a man that wants his trem.

Thanks folks

Guitars giving an used MIJ Universe a run for its money? Nope.

mbardu

Reaction score
Thats all I needed to hear. Ty

May I suggest...maybe wait for a couple of opinions?
There are a ton of high end 7s in the market today, I bet some of which you'd love.

Strtsmthng

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I suggest you also look into Schecter offerings. Lots of options to choose from in terms of neck joint, pickups and bridges.

')