After having writers block and almost rage quitting ended up making this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asetic

Shuffle Groove Lover
Reaction score
Its 6 in the morning and I haven't slept yet but I needed to get this out.

https://soundcloud.com/asetic/kill-it-with-fire

Started this song from scratch in the evening because i was having a frustrating day not being able to write anything or get the sound I wanted from my mix. Well hours of headache at least yielded some result.

Drezik27

Reaction score
Cool tune.

Only gripe is that I think the lead and the rhythm are fighting a little too much for the same space. Did you use the same settings for each? Maybe pick a frequency you really like on each guitar, boost slightly and then cut by about the same db on the other guitar to give each a little more room to breathe.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice man, I liked it! - Especially the chorus part that started at 1:13 and repeated at 2:20. :metal:

Rev.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I like it, too. Love the technical/groovy riffs. The high points for me are the riffs that sound like solos/sound like they (riffs) are going into a solo. I really dig those in songs. :cool:

asetic

Shuffle Groove Lover
Reaction score
Cool tune.

Only gripe is that I think the lead and the rhythm are fighting a little too much for the same space. Did you use the same settings for each? Maybe pick a frequency you really like on each guitar, boost slightly and then cut by about the same db on the other guitar to give each a little more room to breathe.

Hmmm thats weird. I've cut everything on the rhythm sub 140hz, and above 7khz. And leads are only working 700hz+ I'll see what I can do!

asetic

Shuffle Groove Lover
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm really glad you liked it, if you're ever interested in more stuff like this I'm gonna try to pump out songs regularily on my soundcloud!

asetic

Shuffle Groove Lover
Reaction score
Thank you all! I'm really glad you like it. If anyone's interested in future demos I'm gonna try to keep my SoundCloud regularily updated so please follow!

Rosal76

Reaction score
Guys made a second song today! Please check it out if you have time :)

Just as awesome!!! The song has a very strong, "adventurous/journey like/positive feel" to it. Good mixture of technical and emotional/feely playing. Much like Paul Gilbert, his solo work, not with Mr. Big ;). You have awesome songwriting/playing skills, man. :cool:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Asetic, you can embed soundcloud in your posts on here. Just add the tag [ SC ] in front and [ /SC ] at the end - remove the spaces, I did that so it wouldn't think there's a soundcloud link in the post. Here ya go:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/asetic/crazyland-wonderland[/SC]

Rev.