After the Burial guitarist quits Update: 7/22/15 RIP Justin Lowe

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
The bit about the studio doesn't even make sense. Water in beer bottles? A mysterious band arriving during the night?

The bit where he alludes to being set up as a paedo is telling, he's either a legit nutbag, or he's setting up for an insanity plea as he thinks he has been rumbled as a nonce.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunkyE

Reaction score
Great guitarist and all, but sometimes it's best for him to quit now then before he ends up being mentally ....ed more than he is. Sometimes peer pressure is part of this.

vkw619

Inspired Beginner
Reaction score
Justin is one of the nicests guys I've ever met in the Metal/Hardcore community. I ran into him after they opened for Trivium and brought my new 8 string for them to sign. He took me back to meet the rest of the band and even got (at the time under 21 year old) me out of the venue and back in and he actually taught me how to play the riff from "You"re Troubles Will Cease" because I was struggling with it.

So I really hope he gets help. I've had all to real experiences with mental health issues impacting my life and those around me so I know how dangerous and sudden it can react. Sending good thoughts his way and the rest of the band as well. All great guys.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Dude definitely needs mental and emotional help.

I'm just waiting for his friend's family members to come out of the woodwork and absolutely blast him for claiming their loved one faked his suicide to frame Justin for murder.

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
a very close friend of mine has manic episodes and bi-polar and a few other similar things. Its really hard to comfort and help people in this situation, because more often than not they will add you into their big story they have in their head and suddenly your useless to them because they think your in on it.

My friend of 11 years had been in and out of mental hospitals for 5 years+, and id always listened to what he had to say cause really no one would. Even though it didn't make sense, you've got to give them a chance to breath and trust in something I guess.
But anyhow, he recently blocked all communication with me for no reason, and when I text him and asked why I was blocked on everything he told me I was a vampire, and all sorts of ..... He thinks hes a god with the power to change timelines for the future and change peoples lives with his mind etc etc. Claims to have broken lightbulbs with his mind and controlled light or something.

In the end, I cant do anything. He needs professional help and a regular person just isn't equipped to deal with this sort of thing.

Iv had severe anxiety/depression and its pretty crazy at times, so I hope Justin finds peace and gets the help he needs!

(sorry for the huge tangent, been needing to write that down for a while..)

aesthyrian

Reaction score
haha yeah the Akbar. That had me rolling on the floor, as insensitive as it may be.

It's really just sad though. I hope Justin finds peace and understanding. He clearly had a troubled childhood, and he even admitted that he never got helped for it so that could be related.

The best that can happen from this is, is that the metal community will take mental disorders seriously and hopefully set up some sort of support system.

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
Looks like the ramblings of a classic schizophrenic/paranoid to me.

I know a guy who's schizophrenic and suffers from auditory hallucinations and he basically believes that there is a signal transmitter in his brain feeding these voices from someone who is conspiring to ruin his life.

He keeps this hidden 98% of the time and has always held down a job in which he very much kept to himself. He’s a pretty normal guy the vast majority of the time and if you met him, you would never know.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I wonder if this guy constantly has to carry a copy of A Catcher in the Rye.....

All jokes aside, this sounds really bizarre in part's. I find it hard to believe that someone or a group of people would go through something this elaborate to frame him or whatever he's claiming.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
But anyhow, he recently blocked all communication with me for no reason, and when I text him and asked why I was blocked on everything he told me I was a vampire, and all sorts of .....

I have a friend, one of two best friends!, who'd moved to Florida years ago. He's always had the worst choice in women, I've been there through most of it. About two years ago he met some psycho girl and got engaged not even one year of time knowing her - she FORCED it. We always kept in contact via AIM almost every day since I'd keep it on at work and chat with him. One day he posted a pic on facebook wearing some corny old 70's big ass sunglasses and I made a joke that he looks like he's Eric Estrada from Chips. His girlfriend FLIPPED the F out and wound up cursing at me and saying some nasty stuff in a private message. Out of respect for him I didn't respond to her and it took every ounce of my being not to. He flipped out at me, unfriended me, and I hadn't heard from him for a year or so. This is a guy that my wife and I PAID the airfare and hotel costs to take him with us to Hawaii years before because he was always broke but I wanted to do something nice for him. I was very veeery upset. One day I'm on the bus on the way into work and he calls me. I reluctantly answer and we have a talk. He sweeps most of it under the carpet but I forgive him, and of course he's been having problems with this psycho. So, over the next coming months he's using me like a psychiatrist and I keep telling him he needs to leave her - he was sending me their email and text exchanges and wow... she was even more nasty and vile to him. Downright verbally abusive!!! She eventually dumps him and he goes on and on for a month how he can't get over it and me giving him advice. Next thing I know, he once again drops off the face of the planet. Stops contacting me, deactivates his FB page, and stays off AIM. Well at this point I am done. I know what happened is he caved in and went crawling back to her accepting all her horrendous and taking the blame for everything wrong in the relationship. Eventually when it ends again he will try to be my friend again, but it's not going to happen this time. I am DONE. I want nothing to do with him.

Sorry for the derail and the long post, but seeing yours I just HAD to share this!

Rev.

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend, one of two best friends!, who'd moved to Florida years ago. He's always had the worst choice in women, I've been there through most of it. About two years ago he met some psycho girl and got engaged not even one year of time knowing her - she FORCED it. We always kept in contact via AIM almost every day since I'd keep it on at work and chat with him. One day he posted a pic on facebook wearing some corny old 70's big ass sunglasses and I made a joke that he looks like he's Eric Estrada from Chips. His girlfriend FLIPPED the F out and wound up cursing at me and saying some nasty stuff in a private message. Out of respect for him I didn't respond to her and it took every ounce of my being not to. He flipped out at me, unfriended me, and I hadn't heard from him for a year or so. This is a guy that my wife and I PAID the airfare and hotel costs to take him with us to Hawaii years before because he was always broke but I wanted to do something nice for him. I was very veeery upset. One day I'm on the bus on the way into work and he calls me. I reluctantly answer and we have a talk. He sweeps most of it under the carpet but I forgive him, and of course he's been having problems with this psycho. So, over the next coming months he's using me like a psychiatrist and I keep telling him he needs to leave her - he was sending me their email and text exchanges and wow... she was even more nasty and vile to him. Downright verbally abusive!!! She eventually dumps him and he goes on and on for a month how he can't get over it and me giving him advice. Next thing I know, he once again drops off the face of the planet. Stops contacting me, deactivates his FB page, and stays off AIM. Well at this point I am done. I know what happened is he caved in and went crawling back to her accepting all her horrendous and taking the blame for everything wrong in the relationship. Eventually when it ends again he will try to be my friend again, but it's not going to happen this time. I am DONE. I want nothing to do with him.

Sorry for the derail and the long post, but seeing yours I just HAD to share this!

Rev.

ah dude im real sorry to hear that. Its tough because majority of the time the abuse and sudden change in friendship is totally unwarranted and its not your fault. But I feel ya, man. hope it works out for you :wavey:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I really hope this guy gets some help. While his story doesn't make sense, he was able to type it with what seems to be adequate writing skill, so it's as if everything is just really mixed up for him. Hang in there, man.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
He seems to be pretty lucid, just connecting dots in his mind that don't actually connect.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I feel terrible about this, as Rareform-era ATB used to be my favorite band, but that .... was just downright hilarious. I've met all the guys in the band at various points, and they were never anything but nice to me. No inklings at all that Justin was dealing with stuff like this. It definitely sounds like he had an episode. Anyone know how old he is? I thought there was generally a sort of gradual cutoff in your mid-twenties where schizophrenia didn't present. Other than that, I don't know what kind of disorder could make you say some of that stuff.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
Justin is easily one of my favorite guitarists in the metalcore scene and has been since the myspace days.. I couldn't believe this when I read it. They just did all those riffmas videos and I loved him and Trent as a duo. I see two possibilities for this situation:

1) justin may have some mental issues that are surfacing and cause him to be paranoid and make untrue assumptions and statements, or becoming diluted from reality.

2) I noticed vey few people have discussed his mention of the exes with wealthy families. Some people really have the money, time, resources, and connections to make your life a living hell. A lot of folks think a situation like this could never happen to them. Maybe he made the wrong person unhappy, and they just happen to be the type of person to have the ability to ruin your life. If so, it looks like they're doing a great job of it.

Seriously I love these guys and their guitar playing, they were the first band to make me want to step from 7 to 8 strings.

Hope everything works out for you Justin, and I hope you guys can keep making great music together.

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
WTF is going on in his head? This is scary if it isn't some sort of joke! :eek:

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
he's sick you guys. one of my friends is good friends with Justin and his friends and talked with them today and its exactly what you all think: he's schizophrenic. Late 20's early 30's is typically when these kinds of paranoia symptoms manifest. He's with his family from what I hear though so at least he's in good hands and is probably getting the help he needs. As far as ATB goes, the road is no place for a person in his condition, so they will either drop off of Summer Slaughter or find a fill in, and who knows what the ETA is on the record. Either way I don't really care, I just want Justin to get the help he needs.

')