After the Burial guitarist quits Update: 7/22/15 RIP Justin Lowe

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that some great minds/talented people are very vulnerable to mental problems. I wish Justin all the best and hope he will recover.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
What I can speculate, is that at least one dip.... on fb is gonna troll and attempt to make the situation worse.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Not a fan of AtB, but this dude sounds like he's definitely losing it.

I hope he really gets the help he needs soon.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
At least he's in the care of his family at this point. Surely they'll be able to get him to the right professionals soon

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
That whole rant went absolutely nowhere, and it's upsetting. He stated a bunch of random events as if that meant something about a plot against him.

I find no humor in the rant, though perhaps it's because I've seen this sort of thing first hand. I hope help finds him.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
Some of it had me thinking that maybe he went all Ian Watkins on some kids and it was about to come out, so we were getting a preview of an insanity plea.

Some of it had me thinking that maybe he killed someone and it was about to come out, so we were getting a preview of an insanity plea.

But all I really know about him after reading that entire mess is:

1. He hates paragraphs.
2. He keeps a jizz soaked shirt under his bed.
3. He believes someone gave him a laxative because they wanted to find out if he'd take a really loud dump in a hospital, or try to cover up the sound.

:lol:

Whatever he ends up doing when he completely snaps, I'll go ahead and guess now that it will come out later that he was on some sort of perfectly legal prescription drug that's marketed as something that will make you better, with making you much worse listed as a possible side effect. :spock:

In any case, hopefully he'll only continue to humiliate himself and not step it up a notch and go on a shooting spree, leaving behind a trail of dead friends and relatives that he thought were conspirators. :nuts:

If it was just a publicity stunt, hope he keeps the next one under 500 words and use paragraphs.

Show a little sympathy, man. This isn't a funny situation.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
^ Seems like the request is specifically not to post opinions, speculations or general gossip on and around their facebook. I dont see that statement as containing any blame; just wishing that they knew.

it was specifically that they sound disappointed that he didn't bring anything up sooner, which to me sounds like they are laying some of the blame on him, for not bringing it up and keeping it bottled up until this mental break.

if his mental issues are what caused the break, then it's understandable that it likely caused him to keep his thoughts secret. so he shouldn't be at fault for hiding the way he feels, basically.

sorry, i just know a lot of people that have gone through severe mental episodes, so i am a bit sensitive to this subject. i once dated a girl a long time ago that i found out was schizophrenic and also had split personality disorder. a few years ago i found out she killed herself, and it's just scary to think about.

i'm happy that he's with his family and getting the help he needs though.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Show a little sympathy, man. This isn't a funny situation.

First, I don't think he had knowledge of the Band's FB post regarding that this is serious and cause for concern. B, everyone has their own right to be skeptical of any situation. Lastly, many people find solace in "dark" humor. You must attend one of the colleges that Seinfeld won't play anymore.

tl;dr I ain't mad. Let's not call the PC police just yet, bruh.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
First, I don't think he had knowledge of the Band's FB post regarding that this is serious and cause for concern. B, everyone has their own right to be skeptical of any situation. Lastly, many people find solace in "dark" humor. You must attend one of the colleges that Seinfeld won't play anymore.

tl;dr I ain't mad. Let's not call the PC police just yet, bruh.

Point A) It's got nothing to do with being PC. From my own personal and professional experiences, I don't think it's ever funny to joke about somebody with a mental illness "going and shooting up the place". I've seen family members and many others afflicted with mental illnesses and it's not cool to stigmatize it. That's my main problem with that post.

Point 2) Based on his other joke about being medicated, the guy who posted that at least entertained the possibility that this whole situation is related to an underlying health condition.

Point Omega) Call me overreactive or PC if you want. Everybody does have a right to be skeptical and use dark humor, and yes there were some outrageous details in that letter, I don't disagree with that. I, however, personally object to that portrayal of folks with mental illness, even if it's in a joking manner.

tl;dr I ain't mad either bruh, just not a fan of joking about a person in obvious mental distress going on a spree of violence

Buffnuggler

Reaction score
pretty classy statement from the band, so many people tend to either cut ties or cover their asses when stuff like this happens but their words seem pretty sincere.

mental illness is about as frightening as it gets, so hard to grasp, understand, or deal with in any way, it takes a lot to stand by someone when they cease to resemble the person they were but like the band said what he needs more than anything is support and love, otherwise there is only one direction to go.

truly sad, i hope that he can find the right help and recover.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Terrible news and I'm with esp griffin. More than likely won't end with a positive outcome.

Btw that's the last time I'll read comments on lambgoat. I'm sure most were jokes but they were way too uncalled for

aesthyrian

Reaction score
This is horrible. How was he allowed access to his car? Judging by his mental state one would think that he is to be with someone at all times, and certainly not allowed free access to his car, if that was the case.

I'm not point fingers, just asking some honest questions that came up after I read the reports. I hope that Justin and his family are reunited together soon, and that all are safe.

This is also really tough for ATB as well, they are working on a new record(or where) and also have Summer Slaughter lines up very soon. It would seem insensitive to kick Justin out(even thought he quit, but come on now..) but also hiring a touring guitarist would seem just as insensitive to some people. I mean, as a small business what do they do?

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
This is terrible, I'm really upset about this. I have an awful feeling that this isn't going to end well.

Mysticlamp

Ripplesprint
Reaction score
Best wishes to him and hopefully he can figure things out without harming anyone himself included

')