After the Burial's Recording gear for "In Dreams"???

PineappleExpress

PineappleExpress
Reaction score
Hey, I'd really love to find out what recording gear After the burial used on their latest album... I got a chance to speak to Anthony and Dan after a show and found out that it was mostly recorded DI if not all the album. If I had to guess I'd say the guitars were run through an axe fx then straight into the interface and edited using logic, and the drums were recorded on a Roland TD-20kx or something similar using the Superiordrummer 2.0 plugin, that is all i think i know so far, any gear pointers and any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Matt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PineappleExpress

PineappleExpress
Reaction score
I've seen this before, is this the actual recording the riffs to the album? I thought it was just them demoing the tracks.

Cheers - Matt

PineappleExpress

PineappleExpress
Reaction score
I've seen this before, is this the actual recording the riffs to the album? I thought it was just them demoing the tracks.

Cheers - Matt

Cheers - Matt

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
They have everything they need right there it seems.

Laptop, recording interface, Axe-fx.

They are playing direct so the only sound might be from the monitors.

PineappleExpress

PineappleExpress
Reaction score
This thread was made by the guy who mixed the album: After The Burial teaser track! - Ultimate Metal Forum

You should be able to find answers to most of your questions there :yesway:
Thanks alot for the link... I've heard the term re-amping alot lately and I noticed one of the guys from periphery/red seas fire mentioned it as i have one on facebook... What is the process of that?

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
You record the dry signal that your guitars are producing and feet it through either plugin based amp software, something like an Axe FX or Pod, or a real amp set up. This way you are not limited to recording a single tone and having to work with only that one tone. That is the simplest way of explaining it, but there is tons of information on the subject. Just do a quick Google search

PineappleExpress

PineappleExpress
Reaction score
You record the dry signal that your guitars are producing and feet it through either plugin based amp software, something like an Axe FX or Pod, or a real amp set up. This way you are not limited to recording a single tone and having to work with only that one tone. That is the simplest way of explaining it, but there is tons of information on the subject. Just do a quick Google search
Thanks for the help mate! :D