Agalloch announces new album for May

• Thread starter TheKindred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
...was totally going to post this....

:mf666:

I'm pumped, I LOVE these guys.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I'm not massively into these guys but The Mantle is absolutely fantastic.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Their previous album was my favorite of theirs, absolutely phenomenal. Looking very forward to this :yesway:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Their original keyboardist was my Buddhist Philosophy professor at university. I never would have known, either, had I not worn band shirts to class, which he noticed and struck up a conversation with me about after the first day of class.

So there you go, kids. Wearing band shirts pays off. Tell your whiny girlfriends to fvck off about it.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
^ Huh, I believe Don (the lead guitarist) is also a professor at a local uni around here. English, if I'm not mistaken.

That aside, I wasn't really all that keen on their most recent release, so it'll be interesting to see where they take the next one.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
Their original keyboardist was my Buddhist Philosophy professor at university. I never would have known, either, had I not worn band shirts to class, which he noticed and struck up a conversation with me about after the first day of class.

So there you go, kids. Wearing band shirts pays off. Tell your whiny girlfriends to fvck off about it.

That's pretty sweet!

^ Huh, I believe Don (the lead guitarist) is also a professor at a local uni around here. English, if I'm not mistaken.

Don and John are both involved with local conservation efforts as well. Pretty cool cats to talk to

That aside, I wasn't really all that keen on their most recent release, so it'll be interesting to see where they take the next one.

Marrow of the spirit is decent but not my favorite by any means. Faustian Echoes was ok as a holdover but I'm pretty impatient for a new full length.

celticelk

Reaction score
I don't always black metal, but when I do, I Agalloch. Looking forward to hearing what they've got this time around.

pink freud

Reaction score

Can confirm that he's a teacher in the area, don't know which subject though.

AATG was my favorite release from them, as I came in from the post-rock side, not the black metal side.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Suuuuper excited about this. Didn't realize how long it's been since Marrow of the Spirit.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
haven't seen this posted up yet:

[Youtubevid]YAGJ7FN115c[/MEDIA]

lots of classic elements of their sound and a bit of evolution, i think. I hope the rest of the album slays it...

Last edited:

Metaguitarist

Reaction score

Funniest shit I've heard in awhile. :hbang::hbang:

Mwoit

Reaction score
I've pre ordered the CD too.

Listening to a bit on Bandcamp, and this album sounds great! It reminds me when I was listening to Opeth for the first time years ago for some reason (and I mean that in an abstract and good way). I have high hopes for this.

putnut77

Reaction score
Been listening at least once a day for the past few days. I think this is one of, if not, Agalloch's best efforts. It's really good.

')