Aghora Live

• Thread starter Aghorasilat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
ImmortAL BLISS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUkDMdGNUhI

ATMAS HEAVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kq8gsrPXT8

I still don't get why we (Aghora) don't have an official interview in the interview section....

I have been using 7's and making a mark since before a lot of the dudes in the interview section : )
Jerich had asked me a while back for an interview but it never happened. I spoke to him about it he said it wasn't his call.

So if you all want an interview I suggest you all ask for it: )
PEace &
ENJOY VIDEOS

Santiago

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I still don't get why we (Aghora) don't have an official interview in the interview section....

So if you all want an interview I suggest you all ask for it: )

Santiago

Hey Santi! I'd love to see you guys interviewed! Dig your music, and you personally are a fantastic player!!! Thanks for the videos bro! :hbang:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Btw I forgot to ask in my previous post, are these songs on a cd yet or are they not recorded yet? I've only gotten through the first two but I really like them man! Your bassist has some sick chops too (I love two-handed bass tapping!), and when I met you guys at NAMM he seemed like a really cool guy as well! :agreed:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
An Aghora interview is loooooong overdue.

Seriously, if no-one else is going to I'd be happy to do it if that suits Santiago and the mod team!

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really see the point. I mean, Santiago posts pretty actively on this forum, so is it really necessary? Not to say that I wouldn't read it or that Aghora don't deserve a plug, though... I feel a thread coming on...

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really see the point. I mean, Santiago posts pretty actively on this forum, so is it really necessary? Not to say that I wouldn't read it or that Aghora don't deserve a plug, though... I feel a thread coming on...

the reason I found out about the site was cause 2 years ago Jerich approached me about doing an interview. I didn't ask for it. I agreed he said first check out site and I did and I dug it! Its been 2 years now no interview. Its not a big deal but honestly as a 7 stringer I can assure I have paid my dues... Yes I am active in the website cause I enjoy it and I enjoy sharing with some of the folks on here I am not your typical recording artist that stays away from the normal crowd and the real world and acts above it. It's your call.....

I just think that from a historical point of view it would be stupid if there is a website called 7 string.org and there is no interview with me.

That is like making a website on female fronted prog bands and there is no mention of AGHORA (which has happened already). I once had Century media on the phone tell we where too influenced by LACUNA COIL!!!!!!! I told the A& R to look when Lacuna was made and then check when Aghora first started making a nitch. Anyhow It may be a downfall that I like sharing and that I am a normal shorts & t shirt wearing dude on stage and I associate with people as a normal person would and I don't act Like I am the "artist" and the rest are just people that worship me so I am Not allowed to speak with them about normal things or Guitar stuff...

That is how I have noticed many artists to be in the industry and that SUCKS! you see that a lot at NAMM show. I can't tell you how many people (Iwill not mention names) treated even me that way not knowing I was playing 7 string before they even thought of it & I could easily hold my own with them as a guitarist.

It's BULLSHIT.

Peace

Santiago

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Seriously, if you're up for an interview and Chris is happy to put it online then let me know and we can arrange something...

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously, if you're up for an interview and Chris is happy to put it online then let me know and we can arrange something...

I am down...Just email me questions sdobles@gmail.com

Regardless of whether it's published or not here its still useful for people who want to know whats up and enjoy a good read.
Also you are right more association with Aghora on the site is not a bad thing for the traffic of this website.

If it doesn't get published here we can always publish it on Aghora.org. Its really about sharing.

Thanks

Santiago

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just think that from a historical point of view it would be stupid if there is a website called 7 string.org and there is no interview with me.

Please don't take this the wrong way man, but Jerich doesn't run Sevenstring.org, I do. If someone emails you saying "I'm interviewing you for sevenstring.org" and that person isn't me, the interview isn't for my site.

To everyone here, please don't agree to do interviews on behalf of ss.org without talking to me. I've had several people email me in the last year saying "Hey, when is my Sevenstring.org interview going up?" that I've never heard of, and occasionally, from bands that just plain suck. These people get their hopes up because someone emailed them questions, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not going to play the "We interview everyone" game, because it takes away from the handful of folks there now that were picked out to be a part of pretty much the only seven-specific site out there.

Santiago, we can do something with Aghora in the future, but right now I have a handful of interviews coming up that I want to give exposure before I take any more. :)

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way man, but Jerich doesn't run Sevenstring.org, I do. If someone emails you saying "I'm interviewing you for sevenstring.org" and that person isn't me, the interview isn't for my site. That goes for everyone here, please don't agree to do interviews on behalf of ss.org without talking to me. I've had several people email me in the last year saying "Hey, when is my Sevenstring.org interview going up?" that I've never heard of, and occasionally, from bands that just plain suck.

Santiago, we can do something with Aghora in the future, but right now I have a handful of interviews coming up that I want to give exposure before I take any more. :)

OK, sorry about that dude...

Santiago, shall we put the questions on the backburner for now then? Some future date...:)

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way man, but Jerich doesn't run Sevenstring.org, I do. If someone emails you saying "I'm interviewing you for sevenstring.org" and that person isn't me, the interview isn't for my site.

To everyone here, please don't agree to do interviews on behalf of ss.org without talking to me. I've had several people email me in the last year saying "Hey, when is my Sevenstring.org interview going up?" that I've never heard of, and occasionally, from bands that just plain suck. These people get their hopes up because someone emailed them questions, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not going to play the "We interview everyone" game, because it takes away from the handful of folks there now that were picked out to be a part of pretty much the only seven-specific site out there.

Chris thanks,

The only reason I brought up the interview issue was cause years ago it was offered. If you had nothing to do with that.....Sorry neither did I. I would have not found out about your site if it wasn't for Jerich's involvement. Jerich is a good guy and a close friend of mine. I think his intentions to do an interview with me was for the greater benifit of those who read your website and those that care about Prog Rock & real 7 String guitar players. Jerich knows who I am and knows the scene of actual "players".
I did not get my "Hopes" high i am not here for you to tell me my band falls into a category of "Artists" waiting to get their hopes up high and waiting to be heard or bands that suck department".

<< "I'm not going to play the "We interview everyone" game, because it takes away from the handful of folks there now that were picked out to be a part of pretty much the only seven-specific site out there.>>

Frankly I do over 2 to 3 interviews a week in international magazines and online webzines. I just figured hey it was offered why not see whats up with it? Only logical in my book to ask about interview.

It would have been good to do an interview that contained depth info on the 7 string guitar, its usage, and also musicality involved in what I do etc.

Anyhow I don't take it personal

Anybody is free to ask me any questions they want at any time.
I am more than happy to answer and share with anyone that asks.

If anyone wishes to interview me they can I can always have things published in actual magazines and or my own website.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Santiago

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I did not get my "Hopes" high i am not here for you to tell me my band falls into a category of "Artists" waiting to get their hopes up high and waiting to be heard or bands that suck department".

I wasn't referring to you or your band. ;) That comment was just a side note, because there have been several people that have sent in interviews out of nowhere for things like "My buddy's band, Stabbulator-X!" who wonder why they don't appear on the front page, that's all. :lol:

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a public access show called the 100% Metal Show. The first one is going to finish up in a couple of weeks. Would you like to do an interview with us? We'd be very honored to have you. We can probably do remote, if it's difficult for you to get out this way (Clearwater). Of course, the studio looks better with 3 cameras and all that jive.

robert_larocca1@yahoo.com

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to you or your band. ;) That comment was just a side note, because there have been several people that have sent in interviews out of nowhere for things like "My buddy's band, Stabbulator-X!" who wonder why they don't appear on the front page, that's all. :lol:

Are you saying you didn't put up our interview just because our name is Stabbulator-X? :lol: That name rulez! I gotta remember that. :bowdown:

')