Agile 7 string Floyd Rose

• Thread starter maglor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SHREDTOKILL

LOW AND SLOW
Reaction score
Maglor, your from WI?
me too.
and yes the agiles are preatty nice but i have heard some bad things about some finish problems and some new problems with crappy pickups.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
That 28" guitar, it's a really beautty!

I don't know about the trem stability on the other, but i think that the complete guitar it's very solid, and with some changes (bridge, tuners and pups) it's a very good guitar.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
...the antique violin finnished ones they are out sourced by another company...

...except the violin red or wahtever since apparently they are bad quality...

Sorry to bump two semi-old threads with essentially the same reply, but I know how rumors can persist.

I sent an e-mail to Ye Regular Olde Rondo Customer Service address and received an e-mail from Kurt. He said that the Violin Sunburst models were made in the same factory at the same time as the other Interceptors, there were no production problems specific to that one color and that they hope to have more Violin Sunburst models around May 1st.

Reading this forum and other Guitar forums, I've not seen enough complaints about any one color to support suggestions to avoid a specific color.

Vendors/Builders like Kurt (Rondo Music) and Waylon (Halo Guitars) that are actually members of this forum, participate in the discussions and have good customer support, have earned a bit of respect and we should try to get a response directly from the horse's mouth before perpetuating rumors.

Ray

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
agiles have been popular for a while now. the other forum im on, "if you want a les paul, get an agile" is the main phrase used.

This wouldn't happen to be the Tabcrawler forums, would it? I used to be a member there (I just never went back after one of the times the forum crashed, and spend too much time here to be a regular anywhere else), and that phrase came up a lot.

+1 to what ElRay has to say here - QC on Agiles is admittedly not the greatest (though they're great with exchanges if you do have an issue), but while I've seen decent specimens in all of the existing colors, I've also seen ones with what I would personally consider "fatal" flaws - in particular I'm remembering a green one here someone had whose saddles hung out over the front of the trem route. I suspect the way this rumour started was that someone simply happened to get a bad Violin finished one, and concluded that the entire run had problems.

My personal thoughts are if I was going to spend $429 on an Agile Interceptor, I'd rather just spend $599 on a Schecter Blackjack, but that's going to change the day Kurt faces the music and builds a proper 22-fret 7-string Stratocaster with a burst and a maple board. :agreed:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
My only complaints obviously shipping options to canada.. UPS should be outlawed for the rape they commit to Canadians.

Other than that, Kurt needs to realize the market for NECKTHRU 7 strings, and get that underway, If he could get a neckthru 7 floyded for less than $500, he will have major business, as not many companies offer this with the exception of ESP, which has EMG pickups only

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Neck through with a trem would definately be tricky for under $500.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My only complaints obviously shipping options to canada.. UPS should be outlawed for the rape they commit to Canadians.

Other than that, Kurt needs to realize the market for NECKTHRU 7 strings, and get that underway, If he could get a neckthru 7 floyded for less than $500, he will have major business, as not many companies offer this with the exception of ESP, which has EMG pickups only

Honestly, with what I've seen of Agile quality control on their sevens, I'd rather they didn't. I wouldn't touch an Agile 7 with a ten foot pole if I couldn't be sure that, if worst came to worst, I could always shim/reshape the neck pocket if it didn't play right.

Really, a neck-through is no harder, and arguably easier (I'll cite Elysian on this one, as he confirmed this) to build than a bolt on. It's just, because there's absolutely no room to adjust it after the fact, you don't generally see it on affordable guitars because tolerances have to be absolutely perfect if you want a good playing instrument. I've seen Agiles that were great playing guitars... ...after their owners re-routed the trem route to a proper depth, shaved the edge of the tyrem cavity to stop the front of the saddle from rubbing against the trem route, set the intonation, dialed in the floyd, and shimmed the neck. Not to bash Agile or anything, because they fill a great market niche and are willing to take the occasional chance to meet customer demand (see the 8 string thread, which may actually become a reality), but when buying one you have to expect a bit of TLC is in order to get a top-quality setup going. If on occasion the trem route isn't even deep enough, then I'd absolutely NOT chance the neck angle to be perfect on a neck through.

I'd just bite the bullet, get over your neck through fetish, or accept that if you want a neck through guitar you either need to pay for a more consistant build, or accept that it's a 50-50 shot of getting a good one.

Latest posts

')