Agile 825 MN

• Thread starter allstar990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

allstar990

From India,With love
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying an 8. I just came across this guitar. My question is, will the 25' scale be long enough to support F# standard? If yes, then which guage strigns should i buy? Also suggest if there are any other models. The shorter the scale length, the better. But it shouldnt flub out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drone

Reaction score
just got a 28.625 scale Agile in the mail on thursday.. still jamin' it out.. my real opinion is that a 25" scale would be so flubby... even if you could some how get like a 110 on that thing, it still wont be articulate.. get at least the 27 scale... the 28 really isnt hard to play either...

no regrets with Agile tho. pretty sick guitar... im going to post a review in a week or so once im totally used to it.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Depends on what your tuning to and how tight you like your strings.

I've tuned as low as F#1 on a 25.5" 6 string and didn't have an issue. Imo anything lower than 25.5 is where those extremely low notes start to get really flubtastic (I tuned my 24.75" scale guitar with a low F1 not realizing it was 24.75" and it sounded like wild ass soup)

It is a very bassy and dark sound on the normal scale though. Heres a random video I youtubed of an ltd 418 which has a 25.5" and sounds just fine.

I think whitechapel even recorded some songs on the same guitar with a low E without issue.

allstar990

From India,With love
Reaction score
Depends on what your tuning to and how tight you like your strings.

I've tuned as low as F#1 on a 25.5" 6 string and didn't have an issue. Imo anything lower than 25.5 is where those extremely low notes start to get really flubtastic (I tuned my 24.75" scale guitar with a low F1 not realizing it was 24.75" and it sounded like wild ass soup)

It is a very bassy and dark sound on the normal scale though. Heres a random video I youtubed of an ltd 418 which has a 25.5" and sounds just fine.

I think whitechapel even recorded some songs on the same guitar with a low E without issue.

Hmm I liked the tone :). What are the string guages that you are using?

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
i really want a 25" 8 string. :lol:

also an .080 Daddario should provide enough tension for F# :agreed:

Ironberry

Reaction score
i really want a 25" 8 string. :lol:

also an .080 Daddario should provide enough tension for F# :agreed:

You and me both, but I spent my money on the 28.625". I don't begrudge the buy, but think that I would be more comfortable and would use a high A more.

But an .080 should do, If not you can use an Ernie Ball .090, or bass strings are always an option.

AstonAston

Reaction score
I had .080 with 28,625 scale, tuned to F. The tension was decent for me. But this scale is too short imo...

')