Agile 825 vs ESP/LTD H-208/308/338 necks

• Thread starter sevenstringj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm itching for an 8. Not interested in extended scale length. So that narrows it down. :lol: How do Agile and ESP/LTD 8-string necks compare?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brohoodofsteel75

Reaction score
I've played the 308, and an intrepid 828. The neck on the ESP is better imo because of the shape, it's thinner and very comfy. The Agile is a bit more round, but it's also comfortable. I'd get the ESP, but the Agile is great too.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
The Agile necks always felt kinda boxy to me, like the older RG7321s, even though they're slightly asymmetrical. My hand felt cramped a lot faster on them. Also, their "jumbo" frets are really small, like maybe medium-jumbo normally. Some people don't mind but I really don't like smaller frets.

I've played some LTD 8s and they just felt higher quality to me than the two Agile 8s. Maybe I just got lemons, but they felt kinda brittle and stiff. The little frets drove me crazy too haha. And if you get one with a reverse in-line headstock, you're probably gonna notice crazy sympathy vibration from behind the nut.

This is all just my opinion, there are definitely a lot of dudes who love Agiles. It's worth letting you know my experience, though.

:2c:

stuglue

Reaction score
Would you also consider the schecter range? They are an inch longer.
Im in the same situation as you,I want a shorter scale too so that I can replace that low F#with a high note

G27DUDE

Reaction score
After reading this, I'm glad I purchased the H-208. I figured the neck would be pretty nice like that on my ltd 6 string. Should be coming in the mail today. I'll leave some feedback!

stuglue

Reaction score
Please do! Im interested in hearing how they play and what are the positive and negative points of these guitars

Reaction score
After reading this, I'm glad I purchased the H-208. I figured the neck would be pretty nice like that on my ltd 6 string. Should be coming in the mail today. I'll leave some feedback!

hungry2.gif

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
F*#@k!!!! I detailed the neck on my Agile but the site crashed on me. All in all : terrible neck shape, not comfortable in the long run.

Reaction score
F*#@k!!!! I detailed the neck on my Agile but the site crashed on me. All in all : terrible neck shape, not comfortable in the long run.

Please elaborate! (And next time select-all and copy before you hit submit. :ninja:)

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
The Agile I have has a boat shaped neck profile, i.e.: pretty flat with heavy shoulders on both side. it feels bigger than a 2228 and far less comfortable.
After years of battling with it I'm used to it but it's really not the best neck shape, I'm gonna have it reshaped to Ibby specs and have them remove that huge hell too (which serves no purpose as it's neck through)
So if you don't mind pretty big neck with that kind of profile, go for it, if not don't :)
The worst in this is they are great guitar with big sound and sustain (very heavy guitars, very resonant) and they aren't ugly either.

Edit: Our very own Dendroaspis talk about this on his website with the mod to 2228 specs he did. here : http://avhguitarrepair.com/?page_id=116

halogen8

Reaction score
I bought the EPS Ltd H308 a few ago and love it. The neck is thin and very easy to play.

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Agile now. Just got off the phone with ESP and the string spacing at the nut is 45mm, whereas Kirk at Rondo told me the Agile's spacing is 50mm. That's not an insignificant difference, and the 50mm on the Agile means the first 6 strings match the spacing on my 6-string. :) Plus it comes with passives that can be rewound if need be. I suppose I could sand the neck down a bit if it's really that cumbersome. 5-piece with 2 truss rods... should hold up fine, right? :lol:

G27DUDE

Reaction score
Okay, so I got the Ltd H-208. Super thin neck - thinner than some 6 strings I've played. Feels great, high quality. :D The Agile necks are pretty thick in comparison, so make your choice. Haha.

')