Agile 830 intrepid or 828

• Thread starter proto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

proto

Reaction score
Hi
Which would be better for clean tones, and jazz but also some rock stuff. I heard that the 830 is awesome low end but it's quite thin sounding in the upper register. is the thin higher register correctable with better pickups?

thx proto

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tirell

Reaction score
The tension is great on 28.6 especially if you're not drop-tune-djenting all the time (I do, still fine :) )

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I woulds recommend sticking with a 28" scale. The cleans are a bit more harsh on the 30".

Kavnar

Reaction score
Yeah +1 to what Triple7 said. With a 30" there would be a compromise in your clean tone and if that's what you're focusing on a 28" should do you fine with the right string gauges.

proto

Reaction score
thanks guys - looks like new 827 septor up at rondo sweet looking too! hmmm...more to think about!

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you seen:
Agile Septor 827 RN Ocrean Burst at RondoMusic.com

It's 27", which is perfect for clean stuff. It also handles teh brutalz pretty well. Rosewood board, also good for clean stuff. But most importantly... OMFG its beautiful

:agreed:

I'm torn between this and the 28.6" tribal purple one. While we're on the topic, how big IS the difference really between 27" and 28.6"? My fingers are pretty stubby, and I'm concerned about getting around on the low frets.

Tirell

Reaction score
Neck-thru mahogany intrepid w/ maple fretboard wins the cleans imo so no septorz plz

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
C'mon, there's 1346787676786 threads on this subject. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')