Agile 9-String....

• Thread starter techjsteele
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

techjsteele

Gear Junkie
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay guys, lets get back on topic.

Has anyone confirmed if there is only one of these, like the prototype Interceptors they had awhile back?

I'm assuming this is going to lead to a few different 9xx series Intrepids. It'd be awesome if a 25.5" came about, let alone a two pickup model.

I think there are about 4 each of both types of 9-strings in stock right now. I personally would like to snag the rosewood fretboard model and tune it EBEADGBEA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

viesczy

Reaction score
If that had a neck pickup I'd buy it right now. Then when I got it on Tuesday I'd need to re-educate my muscles that have gotten down the 8 string shapes!

Seriously, I'd buy that now if it has a neck pickup and a bridge pickup. 1 pickup guitars are as useful as a wife with no inputs!

Derek

Scarpie

Reaction score
It's historical to have seen this moment come to life. I'd buy it just for the novelty hahahaha, but that scale is too short, I'd go straight 4ths with that bad boy. e4 to C#1

Ah fuck it, just did. we'll see how it goes, if anything it'll be a great back up for my oni.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
What this kid fails to understand is that the material may only cost 550 dollars, but you need to pay for tools as well.

and labour, South Korean might be lowly paid but you gotta paid anyway.
R&D also money, build a factory also cost, maintenance also cost, electricity also cost, needless to say rondonmusic.com's web hosting fee also cost.
everything are included in the final cost.

but if what he saying is his time, labor and knowledge are free, so yeah he's right about that, you can cost less than 700 to build a guitar like this.

This 9 string looks really great , tho 9 strings really out of my league while I am still figuring out how to play 8s lol
but really cool to see Kurt making some history in production guitars!

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
It's historical to have seen this moment come to life. I'd buy it just for the novelty hahahaha, but that scale is too short, I'd go straight 4ths with that bad boy. e4 to C#1

Ah fuck it, just did. we'll see how it goes, if anything it'll be a great back up for my oni.

Thanks you so much for buying one of these! If Kurt gets rid of these, we can expect some awesome badboys to come down the pipe. metal:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
:holy: Oh, I have the email...
Anyway, that's so awesome! If only I had the money!

ADDITION:
If this had two EMGs, a tone knob, plus if a 9 string Kahler is ever made, I might suffer a mental breakdown from the want!

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score

:yesway:

Its possible I may be joining you in a few hours. Sometimes its better not to fight the G.A.S.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
9 strings. my god.
I was hoping to get an 8 string soon...oh well.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
For those of you who are getting these now, you all suck the moose. I spent money this month on a bunch of little crap, and personally want to slap each and every one of you who had the foresight to keep enough cash on hand for this.

You suck... but I love you!

*slap!*

I *hate* you!

*slap!*

I love you!

*laugh*

The thing that really hurts is that this is as much as I spent recently on another used FM408. GAS is a hell of a thing....

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, this is a new era- mainly that this is the first new Agile that I don't think I'll buy. I would really like either a low C#1 or an A4, and I'm not sure this is set up well for either of those. For me, I feel like the ability to get what I want out of a straight fret guitar ends at 8 strings. Over that I kinda want a fan. It's super cool that Kurt is doing this, and he's a super hero of Justice League caliber for listening to us, but I gotta hold out on the fanned version. But if someone gets one and has luck with easily getting an A4 tuned up or a decent C#1, I may just get one for the heck of it!

E733

DOOM
Reaction score
Shit. I just got an 8 string, now I want that one.

I can feel the GAS coming on...:mad:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, this is a new era- mainly that this is the first new Agile that I don't think I'll buy. I would really like either a low C#1 or an A4, and I'm not sure this is set up well for either of those. For me, I feel like the ability to get what I want out of a straight fret guitar ends at 8 strings. Over that I kinda want a fan. It's super cool that Kurt is doing this, and he's a super hero of Justice League caliber for listening to us, but I gotta hold out on the fanned version. But if someone gets one and has luck with easily getting an A4 tuned up or a decent C#1, I may just get one for the heck of it!

Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

I'd bet Garry Goodman's strings would make it up to A4 at that scale.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
If this was left handed...... This is my curse:wallbash:

If you had experience or knew someone who could, it would be easy to sand the upper cutaway to give left handed fret access, since it doesn't appear to even have a clear gloss finish.

But what do I know, when it comes to luthiering, I am but a mere noob.

EDIT:It wouldn't look the same, though, but it might be cooler!

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally it's been released, but damn no money:(, would be a great candidate for F#1-A4

Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

I'd bet Garry Goodman's strings would make it up to A4 at that scale.

They can and do, I've got one of his A4 strings working for my 30.2" scale 11 string.

stereo-image

Russia, Vodka, Bears
Reaction score
there is a lot of acsessorises and parts for 8string guitars such as string sets , pickups and even bridges by usual price ...you can make any changes with your guitar anytime if you need it...
but there is no enough equipment for 9strings guitars rather than 8string guitars...yet...
that is negative for this moment.
will 9strings be poplar like 8s in your opinion ?

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
there is a lot of acsessorises and parts for 8string guitars such as string sets , pickups and even bridges by usual price ...you can make any changes with your guitar anytime if you need it...
but there is no enough equipment for 9strings guitars rather than 8string guitars...yet...
SPELL CHECK IS NECESSARY FOR COHERENT CONVERSATION IF YOU CAN NOT SPELL YOURSELF.

Also, I didn't know that Rondo made 8s out of poplar. :lol:

Anyway, all you need are wide rail pickups(EMGs, for example) and you have suitable pickups. You are limited bridge wise, but there aren't that many for 8s either.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck, I really want one of these. I just got home from picking up textbooks, and saw Rondo's update email in my inbox... and promptly creamed myself.

I think I'm gonna sweat the GAS out and pray each morning for a fanned fret version so I can tune it low F# to high A without spending five bucks on high A strings.

I'm probably gonna get another 8 first (kinda bummed about having to sell my old one), but if a fanned fret 9 comes out in the near future, I'm just gonna go straight to 9.

Kurt's a pimp for doing this.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

For strings, even most 7 and 8 string players still go the individual string route, so it's really not that bad. Most string companies sell separate strings and there are enough free tension calculators to help you make a set.

There are even a few bridge options thanks to ABM and their monorail system. You can even retrofit these stock bridges with different saddles.

I think 9s will remain on the fringe for awhile, but some day, they'll be quite popular.

SPELL CHECK IS NECESSARY FOR COHERENT CONVERSATION IF YOU CAN NOT SPELL YOURSELF.

Also, I didn't know that Rondo made 8s out of poplar. :lol:

Anyway, all you need are wide rail pickups(EMGs, for example) and you have suitable pickups. You are limited bridge wise, but there aren't that many for 8s either.

No reason to be a dick. The guy is from Russia. :noplease:

')