Agile Acoustic 8s Back in Stock

• Thread starter IChuckFinleyI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
Kurt, I have ordered 4 customs, a 6 string banjo, a 725 Sentinel, the AL-830 lefty ordered a few years ago, an AL2000 with FR from Rondo. I would definitely order a classical and/or multiscale 8 string acoustic if left handed. Feel free to PM.

Lefty straight scale due in late Jan or early Feb 2015 - multi scale lefty will be a bit longer...

Kurt

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
Is there any desire to see a classical version? 7 string? 8 string? Multi scale or straight scale?:

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
57332348.jpg

dudeskin

Reaction score
id kill for a multiscale 8 with pickup, than would fit rather nicely. please thank you haha

Poparad

Street Theorist
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to scoop up one of the multiscales. Nice guitar, but I wish I had a case for it.

The strings it shipped with were OK, but I put some Elixir acoustic strings on and it's much more to my liking now. Also, I swapped the low strings out for non-tapered strings (I *hate* tapered strings on guitar or bass... there's something weird going on with overtones when the taper crosses the bridge). I had to feed the strings through from the inside of the acoustic (I used Elixir acoustic bass strings with larger ball ends), and unwrap the 0.80 low E, but it sounds so much tighter now. I'm hopefully going to shoot a little video demoing it while I'm on winter break.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to scoop up one of the multiscales. Nice guitar, but I wish I had a case for it.

The strings it shipped with were OK, but I put some Elixir acoustic strings on and it's much more to my liking now. Also, I swapped the low strings out for non-tapered strings (I *hate* tapered strings on guitar or bass... there's something weird going on with overtones when the taper crosses the bridge). I had to feed the strings through from the inside of the acoustic (I used Elixir acoustic bass strings with larger ball ends), and unwrap the 0.80 low E, but it sounds so much tighter now. I'm hopefully going to shoot a little video demoing it while I'm on winter break.

Was that .080 PB or NW? I can't find a PB in that size.

Poparad

Street Theorist
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Looks like I have to decide between .080" and .100". I'll have to give them a shot!

FWIW, the 80 is plenty fine for me, in terms of tension on this thing. I'd imagine the 100 would be too dull sounding and stiff.

')