Agile acoustic tone/sustain

• Thread starter Joakim Fritz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all Hello to everyone!:wavey:

Ok so I've been reading alot of reviews about Agile Interceptors and I have to say, I am really interested in getting one. Judging from clips on Youtube, they seem to be really nice sounding guitars (They've got the looks, that's for sure):hbang: Anyways, I'm a bit worried that the sustain from the instrument itself (pickups and fx excluded) might be a bit weak. For example, I've got an ESP Ltd Jeff Hanneman sig and it's a good guitar, however, it's really lacking the sustain in the highest registers. Basically I'm just wondering whether the "acoustic" tone is lively.... In lack of a better way to describe it:lol: It would be nice to hear some comments from Agile owners // Nigel Tufnel (I couldn't resist)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'd just like to comment that contrary to popular belief, NTB guitars aren't really good for sustain. I don't know why this is, as theoretically (according to my limited knowledge of physics) it should sustain more. I find that bolt on guitars sustain the best, especially string through fixed bridge.

There are of course many other variables such as what tone woods are used where, the density and consistency of said woods, quality of components, quality of the build, pickups etc.

As for the Agiles specifically I couldn't say as I have never played one. They use mahogany wings and maple tops, both of which I would say are more resonant woods on average than most other "standard" woods. The EMGs also pull on the strings less than most passive pickups, which helps keep the sustain up. I'm sure some of the guys who own them will chime in soon.

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
The sustain is good but it's not one of those guitars that you feel the chords in terms of resonance.

Reaction score
Thanx for the replies! That's a shame, I really dig the way they look (no use denying that one). May I ask how they compare to Ibanez prestige 7:s resonance wise? Of course it varies between every guitar but roughly estimated. I've read reviews of interceptors in which people say that the Agiles outshines their Ibbys. I hope I'm not of too much trouble.

Piledriver

Reaction score
my all mahg' jackson SLS resonate amazingly,it has a fixed bridge and you really feel the chords through the guitar.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanx for the replies! That's a shame, I really dig the way they look (no use denying that one). May I ask how they compare to Ibanez prestige 7:s resonance wise? Of course it varies between every guitar but roughly estimated. I've read reviews of interceptors in which people say that the Agiles outshines their Ibbys. I hope I'm not of too much trouble.

It's pretty easy to outshine an Ibanez in terms of resonance, IMO

And yeah, Agiles aren't very resonant at all, but they sound very nice for sure :agreed:

')