Agile AL-3000 neck

• Thread starter grog50
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grog50

Reaction score
How does the thickness of the neck on an Agile AL 3000 compare to that of an ESP or a Schecter? Are we talking baseball bat fat or nice and slim? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
How does the thickness of the neck on an Agile AL 3000 compare to that of an ESP or a Schecter? Are we talking baseball bat fat or nice and slim? :scratch:

Thicker than ESP. Similar to Schecter. Pretty beefy although they do offer a thinner option on some models.

soliloquy

Reaction score
they have 4 necks:
regular: between 60's and 50's gibson neck. closer to 60's. very comfy. its nut, however is a bit narrower than gibson at 1 5/8, while gibson uses 1 11/16.

slim: this neck is VERY similar to the ibanez Wizard I neck. yes, its thinner than the Wizard II neck. i find it SUPER comfy to shred on, and bending on. feels super fast, and just a great neck.

Wide: this has the same thickness as the regular neck, but its wider at the nut at 1 3/4. or rather, its advertised at 1 3/4, but it is closer to 1 11/16. supposedly very comfy for folks with bigger hands. i'll be grabbing one of these soon.

uniform neck: i have no idea what this is...i think it means that whatever the neck feels like at the nut, thats the same near the bridge. but not too many agiles offer this neck. i think SOME AL2800s and some Reapers offer it, but thats about it...

soliloquy

Reaction score
/\ i think, due to the neckthru, those guitars wont come with a slim neck.
however, even though those guitars are neckthrus, look at the neck joint. its designed to mimic the set neck, so this neckthru doesn't provide any benefits over a regular set neck AL guitar.

rondo does offer other thru neck guitars without any heal...i just dont know why those specific guitars turned out that way :S

grog50

Reaction score
however, even though those guitars are neckthrus, look at the neck joint. its designed to mimic the set neck, so this neckthru doesn't provide any benefits over a regular set neck AL guitar.

rondo does offer other thru neck guitars without any heal...i just dont know why those specific guitars turned out that way :S

hmm thats odd. and very true. not sure why they would do that

iff

Reaction score

Might just be a wrong photo...wouldn't hurt to email Kurt and ask him about it.

soliloquy

Reaction score
no, those specific guitars always came with a weird neck joint. it was that bubinga one, and the other honey burst/tobbaco burst one that were neckthru but designed as set necks...

')