Agile and canadians

• Thread starter eon_shift
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eon_shift

Reaction score
has anyone got a new agile septor or interseptor lately. I heard the quality is not so good anymore also heard bad things about the violin finish which is the one i want to get. How is the quality of the floydrose? Can the baritone one be tuned to standard without tension problems with 9's or 10's?
Also has anyone in canada ordered one did it come in alright and how much were the extra border fees?

So if you could answer just one of my questions that would be great.

Thanks James.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I had a first run of the Septor (hardtail 25.5" model) for a while. the quality was really good on it, especially for a 400$ guitar. Mine had a solid color finish, though. I Cant speak on the trem they use, either.
And yes, Baritone can be tuned to standard with 9s with no problem. If you tune a 27" scale to standard with 9's, they feel between 9's and 10's, but a bit closer to 10's.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
yea thats a big consideration for me too, but i dunno.. from the email of Kurt last night I got he said it was like $50 UPS fees to him, then $150 border fees.. which is pretty retarded, I dont know why he wont just ship it USPS.. but it might not be too bad because the canadian dollar is going up, and $600 for a neckthru 7 with maple fretboard, cant really beat that..

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I had an earlier run Septor, and found it to play well, but the fit and finish were terrible, even factoring in that it's $400. A Schecter C7 for $450 or an RG7321 is a far better choice.

If Rondo would just take a few minutes to sort out the guitars with factory issues, I am sure they'd have a better reputation. It's simply not worth it to me to try and ship guitars back and forth to get a good one when I can walk in my friend's shop and buy a C7 or 7321 all set to go for the same price or similar.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The UPS shipping is one of the main reasons i haven't ordered anything from Rondo. They charge absurd customs brokerage fees, so the cost of shipping + the costs to get it over the border destroys the value equation pretty quickly.

eon_shift

Reaction score
how would I go about getting a canadian company to carry agiles? Is that even possible? If so who would be intrested im sure if we can get a bunch of us together we could ge some one to carry them. I was thinking like axemusic.ca they have decent prices and give free shipping on most stuff plus they're based in alberta so the tax is only like 6% or something like that.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
yea. i hate UPS i dont know why Kurt wont just use USPS, so much safer + cheaper. for one small sheet of paper to fill out. its quite retarded. If I dont end up getting that Septor Pro, a good chunk of the reason is I dont feel like spending $300 on shipping, and when you add $300 to it, its not exactly a great price anymore

eoe

Reaction score
I've ordered from Rondo a few times.

In my experience, you pay only what is shown on your invoice (converted from USD to CDN of course). I think it is something like $35 customs, $30 shipping?

FedEx has delivered each time, and there were no additional charges.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Done spose anyone knows what the same questions are like for UK? the ebay page says is fedex and there arnt any extra charges...

')