Agile Chirality/Chiral Parallax Headless Models

• Thread starter bassplayer8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Those top string locks are allegedly pretty awful and will break unwound strings like nothing

Bearitone

Reaction score
I quite like (an obscene lot actually) the headless 627 in blue flame... It's talking to me... It's not gonna happen. I must be strong...

chirality627oceanburstflame1.JPG

This with a maple board would be beautiful.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
The headstock paddles on both versions are a big turn-off. I don't mind the multi-color burl burst tops (the brown one is a bit more understated), despite the trendiness of the design. But the headstock paddles just make makes the first impression is become, "Oh look, a low-rent knockoff Strandberg or headless Kiesel."

I'd also be concerned about the quality of the Cepheus knockoff hardware holding up over time, since the true headless design seems more "high performance" vs. standard guitars. (I don't have any experience with headless guitars, just my perception anyways.)

Bearitone

Reaction score
The headstock paddles on both versions are a big turn-off. I don't mind the multi-color burl burst tops (the brown one is a bit more understated), despite the trendiness of the design. But the headstock paddles just make makes the first impression is become, "Oh look, a low-rent knockoff Strandberg or headless Kiesel."

I'd also be concerned about the quality of the Cepheus knockoff hardware holding up over time, since the true headless design seems more "high performance" vs. standard guitars. (I don't have any experience with headless guitars, just my perception anyways.)
If they cut off the wood above those string retainers at a slant, the headstock would look 70% better imo. Someone please photoshop it

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
hmmm.... 50% better.
70% is too generous

Anyway, thank you so much for this ^^^
really, I appreciate it
Way too nice of a review for something that I spent 3 minutes of effort on doing with a free photoshop alternative. :lol:

But thanks all the same.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Do you know if any brands make any better ones that would do the job?

There's got to be some sort of crimp bead that uses a set screw.

Just drill 6 holes in the headstock, put ferrules in the back, pass the strings threw, fasten a bead to each string, then tune up. The ferrule will catch the bead and you're good to go. Its basically adding a ball to the other end of the string but, AFTER its passed through the ferrule in the headstock.

It would take up way less space and you could chop the rest of that paddle off.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
There's got to be some sort of crimp bead that uses a set screw.

Just drill 6 holes in the headstock, put ferrules in the back, pass the strings threw, fasten a bead to each string, then tune up. The ferrule will catch the bead and you're good to go. Its basically adding a ball to the other end of the string but, AFTER its passed through the ferrule in the headstock.

It would take up way less space and you could chop the rest of that paddle off.
congrats you just basically created double ball strings, something steinberger did like 30 years ago.

Bearitone

Reaction score
congrats you just basically created double ball strings, something steinberger did like 30 years ago.

Except you couldn’t use double ball on the design i described. But yeah basically double ball, just the end user adds the ball after the string is through the headstock.

And its definitely not an original idea. I just don’t know what the beads are called. “Set screw string retainer bead”? Idk

The point was if you wanted to, you could make that headstock shorter by yourself if you’re determined.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Except you couldn’t use double ball on the design i described. But yeah basically double ball, just the end user adds the ball after the string is through the headstock.

And its definitely not an original idea. I just don’t know what the beads are called. “Set screw string retainer bead”? Idk

The point was if you wanted to, you could make that headstock shorter by yourself if you’re determined.
I mean you essentially over engineered the idea . It really doesn't get any easier than a washer/metal disc that goes on top of the string in the space and a screw to push down on said disc. Or you could just do a floyd style locking nut since those are less finicky. Even goofy looking shit like Toone's tuners rely on literally clamping the strings down.

Latest posts

')