Agile comparison

• Thread starter Joakim Fritz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! I know this topic has been discussed to death but I would very much like to know your oppinions about Agile Interceptors compared to Ibanez 7s and Schecters. I've been had a major Interceptor- GAS for quite some time now and I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on one.

The thing is, I live in Sweden and that would make it hard for me to return it (as far as I understand) in time if I am not happy with it. Ive never tried an Agile and Ibanez,Ltd and Schecter are probably the best refenrence points I have. I am currently the proud owner of a Caparison Horus and I am afraid that the quality gap between it and an Agile would make the Agile seem like a really poor guitar in comparison. But, I've heard people say the Agiles are about the same quality as Schecter Hellraisers (I think). If they are, then I think I'm going to take my chances with one.:hbang:

Feel free to reply or not, any feedback on Agile quality would be very much appreciated:wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
i own an agile, and i'd say if u can afford a rather good ibanez/schecter stay away from agiles.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! That's convincing enough to me:yesway: Well then... I'll keep looking for other brands. Perhaps a Carvin (Going to the US next summer som I might try picking one up):shred:

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Definitely get the carvin. It will be 100000000 times better! I've never played one, but i know for sure :p

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
My Purple+Maple Agile Septor 727 is a really, really nice instrument. Great weight, feel, playability, and construction... no issues whatsoever.

Schecters are also very nice though. If returns and warranty would be a problem for you, then I'd recommend those based on that alone. However, I have no quality complaints with Schecter vs. Agile.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I personally liked my Agiles better than Ibanez's and Schecters..

Now Carvin is on another level from them, though. (much better than all 3 companies)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I absolutely love my Agile. I was an Ibanez whore for years but I'll never go back.

Reaction score
Thanx for the replies! Since I'm in Sweden, the only Carvin I've ever tried is a 6 string bass, it seemed really solid to me. I'm going to have to save up to get one but it might just be worth it. Time will tell:agreed:

JonnHatch

Reaction score
Definitely get the carvin. It will be 100000000 times better! I've never played one, but i know for sure :p

LOLZZZZZZ:rolleyes:

Schecter and Ibanez are sweet, but EVERYONE has one.

I have an Agile Septor 727 Pro (neck-through) and i love it more than any guitar ive owned. Keep in mind ive owned guitars that are twice the cost of an agile. Excellent build quality, and playability. And they DONT feel like a toy.

Reaction score
Schecter and Ibanez are sweet, but EVERYONE has one.

I have an Agile Septor 727 Pro (neck-through) and i love it more than any guitar ive owned. Keep in mind ive owned guitars that are twice the cost of an agile. Excellent build quality, and playability. And they DONT feel like a toy

Now you really got my attention! :D Could you please tell me more?What is is fretwork like? Resonance in the high registers, overall reliability? Since I've never tried one, could you compare it to, say, perhaps a schecter or higher priced Ltd. I hope I ain't of to much trouble here. I'm just trying to get as much info on these guitars as I can.

Caparison prices just went Bananas over here, I was kind of interested in a used Dellinger 7 (New is out of the question). But, I like the Agile specs alot and if they are on about the same level as a Ibanez prestige I think I'm going to take my chances with one! :shred:

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I took the risk of ordering an Agile overseas. These guitars definitely aren't build to withstand warmer temperatures. The neck isn't realy handling things too well and the overall build quality (after months of observing and scrutinizing is NOT GREAT at all. I own 1 ESP and 1 Edwards , both made in Japan and they come no where close to the Agile where build quality/craftsmanship is concerned. Even my Edwards takes a dump right on the Agiles headstock. I see you're from Sweden, so i wouldn't take the risk of ordering the Agile overseas. I'd just go local or somewhere from the UK.

the same level as a Ibanez prestige I think I'm going to take my chances with one! :shred:
:nono:

JonnHatch

Reaction score
Ummm, i dont know about the whole overseas thing. I mean, they were shipped overseas to US from Korea, and no problems there.. Me AND my best friend ordered Agile 7 strings at different times, we both agreed they were better quality than Ibanez Prestige.

As for Edwards/ESP, those are in a completely different ballpark, arent Edwards over 2 thousand US dollars? I would freaking HOPE that would be better quality than a 500-700 dollar guitar.

FOR THE MONEY, Agile is an AMAZING guitar. I sold my Ibanez 7 strings after I got my Agile, lets put it that way. I already have an Interceptor 8 string on order, and I will definitely buy more Agile's in the future.

As for Schecter, they make great products. I guess they are more or less the "Standard electric guitar" company.

Inazone

Reaction score
I would say that ANY guitar being shipped from one climate to a drastically different one is always going to need some special attention, usually a truss rod adjustment and sometimes a bit of fretwork. If ordering through a shop, they should do it, but you're on your own I suppose if you buy online from overseas. Back when the Jackson DK2Ms were first annouced a few years ago, I reserved one immediately. It shipped from Japan to the dealer in New York, who set it up before sending it to me in Minnesota. If not for the setup in between, I imagine that it would have needed some work, but it arrived in tune and ready to play right out of the box.

On the other hand, the change in humidity here from summer to winter (from 20% up to 70%) is hell on guitar necks, so I keep my guitars in a room where the humidity stays in the 30-50% range year-round, and at 40% when possible. Any time I'm playing a gig on a very dry or humid day, I take the guitar out of the truck and into the venue (still in the case) as far ahead of time as possible, so that it can adjust a bit to the different climate. The same applies to ordering a guitar.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Ummm, i dont know about the whole overseas thing. I mean, they were shipped overseas to US from Korea, and no problems there.. Me AND my best friend ordered Agile 7 strings at different times, we both agreed they were better quality than Ibanez Prestige.

As for Edwards/ESP, those are in a completely different ballpark, arent Edwards over 2 thousand US dollars? I would freaking HOPE that would be better quality than a 500-700 dollar guitar.

FOR THE MONEY, Agile is an AMAZING guitar. I sold my Ibanez 7 strings after I got my Agile, lets put it that way. I already have an Interceptor 8 string on order, and I will definitely buy more Agile's in the future.

As for Schecter, they make great products. I guess they are more or less the "Standard electric guitar" company.

Ummm, i paid more for my Agile (+shipping+customs) than i did for my Edwards (+shipping+customs) and i bought the Eddy new. Edwards are around 700-1000$ and my ESP was around the same.

For the price they go for in the US, i guess they are pretty ok. I'll be posting a detailed thread about my Agile in a while (week maybe?) to show all the little errors and mishaps. Nothing HUGE or but still definitely avoidable.

I would say that ANY guitar being shipped from one climate to a drastically different one is always going to need some special attention, usually a truss rod adjustment and sometimes a bit of fretwork. If ordering through a shop, they should do it, but you're on your own I suppose if you buy online from overseas. Back when the Jackson DK2Ms were first annouced a few years ago, I reserved one immediately. It shipped from Japan to the dealer in New York, who set it up before sending it to me in Minnesota. If not for the setup in between, I imagine that it would have needed some work, but it arrived in tune and ready to play right out of the box.

On the other hand, the change in humidity here from summer to winter (from 20% up to 70%) is hell on guitar necks, so I keep my guitars in a room where the humidity stays in the 30-50% range year-round, and at 40% when possible. Any time I'm playing a gig on a very dry or humid day, I take the guitar out of the truck and into the venue (still in the case) as far ahead of time as possible, so that it can adjust a bit to the different climate. The same applies to ordering a guitar.

:yesway: . That's the thing , all three of my guitars were purchased overseas. (Japan/Singapore/Rondo(US)) and i've managed to tweak the truss rod on my other two to get my perfect setup every time the climate seems to change but on the Agile, the rate of bending during climate change is much more.

Before this becomes a agile fanboi vs me thread i'd like to end it by saying if you're ordering overseas , please think twice as you don't get warranty AND shipping damages/non shipping damages aren't very uncommon.

Peace

JonnHatch

Reaction score
how the hell did you get an edwards/esp for that price? that is pretty sweet. by the way im not an agile "fanboy", im just imressed with the qualty and how unique their guitars are compared to whats out there. I USED to be an Ibanez fan boy though, i must admit:)

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Back when i bought it in June 2007 the Yen was pretty low with respect to the rupee so i got the guitar for around 700$ :p shipping and customs was a bitch but still worth it. The same guitar is around 1500$ now :|

JonnHatch

Reaction score
lucky bastard:agreed: oh, i wasnt trying to pick on ya in the earlier thread, just saying ive had really positive experience with agile:yesway: soooo.. friends?

')