Agile Guitars (LP Style)

• Thread starter txguitarslinger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

txguitarslinger

Reaction score
I know a bunch of you guys have Agile 7s, cool. What about Kurt's Agile LP series? I have heard good things and wanted some input, as I've been wanting a LP for a while. My only other interest is in MIJ LPs (Orville, Edwards, Greco, etc.) excellent quality, low price. Thanks :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
ah. i'm ordering an AL-2000 tomorrow actually. can't wait!
i've been dying to get one since forever, and as much as i would LOVE an AL-3000, my budget only allows for a 2000.

i still getz LP though!

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
I've got a friend/bandmate with an AL-2000, and it's incredible. The quality of guitar for how cheap it is is just astounding. It sounds and plays every bit as nice as any epi les paul i've ever played, and with some nice pickups and pots, I'd compare it to a Gibby any day. I will say, however, that it is a dark guitar, and the stock pickups are dark. I'd get some brighter pickups asap. other than that, it's incredible.

Reaction score
I used to own an Orville LP Custom that got stolen out of my car, along with some other shit. That guitar played way better than ANY LP i've ever played, whether it be one of the low-end or high-end model Gibsons, and especially better than any Gibson LP Custom i've ever played. Amazing guitars for the money. However, if your talking about quality per dollar, i think the Agile LP's still have that Orville beat.

Benraldo

plays sixes
Reaction score
I've been wanting an Agile LP for a long time. Be sure to post pics/ thoughts when you get one!

I think the one with the floyd would be slick to throw in some emg's and one of those floyd specials.

That's be sick I think.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my AL-2500 Albino last week and it blew me away. The quality is fucking amazing for the price. The pickups and electronics aren't the best. Actually the toggle sucks and doesn't work right, but for the price who cares. I plan on putting a Switchcraft toggle, CTS pots and jack and set of BKP Miracle Men in it with all new wiring very soon. At that point I will put the thing against any Gibson you want to throw at it. Get one. You will be happy.

006-9.jpg

005-14.jpg

032-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

016-3.jpg

012-8.jpg

Demiurge

Reaction score
I have an AL silverburst (I think 2000-series) and I love it. It's built like a tank, and the stock pickups sounded good enough to me that I actually was fine waiting a year before swapping out the bridge p/up for a Dimarzio D-Sonic.

Anyway, I believe it's a tremendous value. I know when people fall in love with a quality, budget-priced guitar that they're given to go overboard, saying "ZOMG ITZ BETTR THAN A GIBSON" or whatever. I can't really say that with a straight face, but I can say that the AL is better than any of the Epiphones I've played and owned, and Epis generally cost twice as much. I think that's a coup enough in itself.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
the AL series are outstanding guitars, espically for the price they sell for.

AL-2000 = maple neck w/ rosewood fretboards , 3 piece body, ceramic pickups

AL-3000/3100 = mahogany neck w/ ebony fretboards, 2 piece body, alnico pickups, better wiring/electronics ect.. nicer finishes

the 2000 is good, but the 3000/3100's are amazing!! easily on par with the epiphone elitist models i've tried, and damn close to gibson standards

soliloquy

Reaction score
How do the necks on the Agile LPs compare to gibson lps?

their normal standard neck is between a gibson 50s and a gibson 60s. more towards the 60s.

their thin neck is a mixture of a 60's gibson, and an ibanez wizard. i'm not sure where this is closer to.

either way, both necks are quiet nice and very easy to play and both feel very comfortable. :hbang:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is that only a few of the high-end Agiles have actual maple caps like a Les Paul--the others have veneers over solid mahogany. This makes quite a difference in the type of tone. I believe if it has an "M" at the end of the model number (AL-3000M), then it has the maple cap. I'd easily buy one of those over a non-Elitist Epiphone.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1145.html

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
To the OP, I have an Agile AL-3100 and I love it. Bone stock it plays and sounds unbelievably nice considering the cost. I actually own another cheapie from Rondo, an SX Tele copy (STL Ash) that I recently refinished as well, both great guitars for the money!

orb.......

Attachments

• AL3100-2.jpg
    AL3100-2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 12
  • AL3100-3.jpg
    AL3100-3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 12
  • tele-new-4.jpg
    tele-new-4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 14

soliloquy

Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is that only a few of the high-end Agiles have actual maple caps like a Les Paul--the others have veneers over solid mahogany. This makes quite a difference in the type of tone. I believe if it has an "M" at the end of the model number (AL-3000M), then it has the maple cap. I'd easily buy one of those over a non-Elitist Epiphone.

Agile AL-3000M HSB Plain Top at HomeOld

humm, thats true, and also false. yes, the 3000M does have a maple cap. but you can get lucky and your guitar can come with an M without it being advertised as such. for example, my 3100 has a maple cap. but my 3000 doesnt. kurt says that guitars with solid finishes are all mahogany, and guitars with quilt/flames have a maple cap....that is true for some guitars, not all. just depends on the luck of the draw...

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
humm, thats true, and also false. yes, the 3000M does have a maple cap. but you can get lucky and your guitar can come with an M without it being advertised as such. for example, my 3100 has a maple cap. but my 3000 doesnt. kurt says that guitars with solid finishes are all mahogany, and guitars with quilt/flames have a maple cap....that is true for some guitars, not all. just depends on the luck of the draw...

Interesting. Based on the wording on the Rondo web site I had just assumed that the figured tops were veneer over mahogany. They're certainly not solid figured tops at those prices, so it's probably veneer over unfigured maple if they do have a cap.

And it's probably better if the 2000 and 2500 models have just mahogany, since they have maple necks.

Agile has a lot of really cool-looking models. I'm tempted every time I go on that site.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Interesting. Based on the wording on the Rondo web site I had just assumed that the figured tops were veneer over mahogany. They're certainly not solid figured tops at those prices, so it's probably veneer over unfigured maple if they do have a cap.

And it's probably better if the 2000 and 2500 models have just mahogany, since they have maple necks.

Agile has a lot of really cool-looking models. I'm tempted every time I go on that site.

i believe only the AL3500 and the AL4000 have a figured maple cap through the entire cap.

my 3100 has an un-figured maple cap, and then its topped up with a flamed maple veneer.

i wish their AL3000m came in 3100ms too, and also have a different figured top.

Latest posts

')