Agile Interceptor 7 Pro 25

• Thread starter WildToddler
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WildToddler

Reaction score
So I just saw this guitar and got major GAS - it basically looks to be, in all aspects, what I want in a 7. The only thing is, I am not a Floyd fan at all these days. I used to play them but never used them and I just felt like they were more hassle than they were worth when it came to changing tunings or just changing strings.

So, with that in mind, is there an Interceptor or another basically identical model that is string-through? Except for the floyd it's perfect in body/neck wood, scale length, looks like awesome fret access, 707s, thin-as-hell neck... anything out there like that? And for a similar price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Efekkt

NOTHING
Reaction score
Rondo offers a string through version but it has passives that are kind of "meh" and different color. It might not be available atm though.

I have the guitar you're originally looking at (cept baritone) and it's great. The neck isn't quite "ibanez thin as hell" but it's still comfy and slim. It's a beautiful looking guitar. My friend has the string-thru in black flame baritone.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
you could just get the string through Septor and have EMG's installed. The only problem is that the pickup cavities must be routed larger to accommodate the EMG pickups. People will also suggest trying Seymour Duncan Blackouts, as they are active pickups that come in a size where you won't have to alter your guitar, but they aren't EMG clones, they have a different sound, so you definitely want to check them out first before going with that choice. hopefully this helped!

WildToddler

Reaction score
The only Septors they seem to have now have maple fretboards - one of my least-favorite woods for that part. They are also 27" scale - also not my thing. The pickups are no big deal, I have been interested in trying Blackouts for a while.

Sounds like blocking would be the way to go - what does that entail.

Thanks all for your input!

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
If you have some patience, Rondo will likely offer a Septor with the options that you're looking for at some point. They offered a huge variety of finish/fretboard/scale length options for both the Interceptor and Septor for the January run. If that ended up being successful, I think Kurt will offer that sort of thing again. I don't think they offered EMGs in the Septors, but I have Blackout 7s in my Septor and they sound really good.

widdlywhaa

Reaction score
i actually e-mailed back and forth with Kurt the other day, after the jamnuary pre-orders come in they'll be taking more the same month to come in later in the year. i too had a hunger for a string-thru with 25.5" scale.

')