Agile Interceptor 8 strings!

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these options would make you buy one (or more) of these guitars?

• Standard (bolt-on) at 25.5" - Pro (neck-thru) at 27"

Votes: 78 53.4%
  • Pro (neck-thru) at 25.5" - Standard (bolt-on) at 27"

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Neither one. This is a stupid idea.

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Great work, guys... that Septor 8 in natural ash looks :yum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djohns74

Reaction score
Cool, that was a ridiculously fast turn-around time! :eek:

Kurt, if you need any tweaks done to the mock-up or would like any other variations made, just let me know. I've already made a fixed bridge version in anticipation of that being offered. I could whip up full mock-ups of that in the other color options pretty easily, for example. :)

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
Cool, that was a ridiculously fast turn-around time! :eek:

I could use a a mock-up of the Septor Standard 827 in black flame and BLue flame. i stuck a switch in on the mock ups that were done on the Interceptor 8s. I think those are good enough. Thanks!
I put these up fast, but still I want to be very cautious on this first run. First under $800 8 string with trem and all... Not sure what problems we are going to run into.... and I have serious doubts about holding that $800 price on future runs. If I am not careful, this could be the only 8 string “loss leader” ever made!

Kurt

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
just curious here, but would it be possible sometime in the future to have a smaller run of 30" scale guitars? if not 8 strings, then 6 or 7 strings? i think that would be awesome! i´ve got the AB-3500 28" scale baritone, and feel that even longer would be even nicer.

the active pickups in that, by the way, which electronics are they meant to go with, like what value pots should it have? mine came with 250k pots, which confused me.

EBH Jaymz

Reaction score
can i get a link to the ordering of these? i just caught the thread and am not trying to run through all these pages!!!

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
just curious here, but would it be possible sometime in the future to have a smaller run of 30" scale guitars? if not 8 strings, then 6 or 7 strings? i think that would be awesome! i´ve got the AB-3500 28" scale baritone, and feel that even longer would be even nicer.

the active pickups in that, by the way, which electronics are they meant to go with, like what value pots should it have? mine came with 250k pots, which confused me.

If these sell ok and I can actually make a profit at $799 I don't see why not.

Agile Interceptor Standard 8 (Deposits for July Delivery)

troyguitar

Reaction score
Holy crap you got the Kahler Pro AND a TON of options and kept it at $800?

I might be buying 3 or 4 of these things...

This is turning out way better than I had hoped for.

When is the deadline to make my preorder?

djohns74

Reaction score
Here's some Septors. Added pickup selector and truss rod cover, changed to a non-locking nut and made the logo a little closer to realistic size and position. My version of ash doesn't look all that much like the real one pictured on the site, but what can you do. It wasn't really necessary since there's already a real picture there anyway, it was just for fun.

Septor_827_BlackFlame.jpg

Septor_827_BlueFlame.jpg

Septor_827_Ash.jpg

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
holy hell that was fast... i guess i'll have to wait until the next run because i've already got something in the pipeline and i'm kinda low on cash... :noplease:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I can't get the site to load to look at those Interceptor down payments. I think all of SS.org is trying to get on that page. We're going to crash poor Kurt's site! We luvs our 8s!:shred:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kurt, you should think about deleting the truss rod covers. They really are huge and ugly.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I can't get the site to load to look at those Interceptor down payments. I think all of SS.org is trying to get on that page. We're going to crash poor Kurt's site! We luvs our 8s!:shred:
:lol: Yeah it won't let me on either :squint: Quite bothersome actually. Everybody chill so I can check em out. :scream:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
OK, so I'm not sure which Interceptor 8 to get - and I want to see those colors. Is the Lizard Burst a new color? I don't see that on any of the 7 string Interceptors. The blue black and reds are there, but no green. Anyone have a live example of what this might look like?

:lol: Yeah it won't let me on either :squint: Quite bothersome actually. Everybody chill so I can check em out. :scream:

Hey, I just figured out that there's something wrong with the link itself :)scratch:) Try typing in manually Agile Interceptor Standard 8 (Deposits for July Delivery) at HomeOld and it should work. Or just go to rondomusic.com and click on the 8 string link at the top of the page. I got it to work that way and the site snapped right up.:yesway:

edit: Huh, it won't let me type the URL directly into my post^^. It converts it to that weird link.:scratch:

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
OK, so I'm not sure which Interceptor 8 to get - and I want to see those colors. Is the Lizard Burst a new color? I don't see that on any of the 7 string Interceptors. The blue black and reds are there, but no green. Anyone have a live example of what this might look like?

Hey, I just figured out that there's something wrong with the link itself :)scratch:) Try typing in manually Agile Interceptor Standard 8 (Deposits for July Delivery) at HomeOld and it should work. Or just go to rondomusic.com and click on the 8 string link at the top of the page. I got it to work that way and the site snapped right up.:yesway:
Lizardburst was one of the colors that was voted on for one of the runs (second I think) that didn't get enough votes then but still kicks ass.

I WAS trying to go directly to rondomusic.com I didn't even try the links. It finally worked for me though. After like 30+ minutes.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Lizardburst is my #1 choice. I'm going to buy:

Interceptor Standard 25.5" Lizardburst Maple fretboard

Interceptor Standard 25.5" Blue Flame, Maple fretboard

Then Maybe an Interceptor Pro 25.5" Rosewood board

and maybe a Septor 25.5" in Ash...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Lizardburst is my #1 choice. I'm going to buy:

Interceptor Standard 25.5" Lizardburst Maple fretboard

Interceptor Standard 25.5" Blue Flame, Maple fretboard

Then Maybe an Interceptor Pro 25.5" Rosewood board

and maybe a Septor 25.5" in Ash...

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Lizard Burst 25.5 too. I'd like to see it in person, but it's just too cool of a color to pass up either way :hbang:. I'm still playing with the string tension applet to make sure I don't want to do the 27" scale. I think I'll put a high A on there, but I want the option of going back to the low F# if that extra high string jacks up my playing. I think I'll be alright with a 74 (or 75 or whatever) or something in that area, tho. The big thing is that I still have all these ukuleles around the house. Oh, wait, no - those are my six-strings.:lol: Either way they seem like a joke now, with all the 7s and 8s I'm getting!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here's the original rendering of Lizard Burst on an Intrepid:

Agile_Intrepid_lizard_burst_maple.png

')