Agile Interceptor 8 strings!

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these options would make you buy one (or more) of these guitars?

• Standard (bolt-on) at 25.5" - Pro (neck-thru) at 27"

Votes: 78 53.4%
  • Pro (neck-thru) at 25.5" - Standard (bolt-on) at 27"

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Neither one. This is a stupid idea.

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters

djohns74

Reaction score
Huh, looks quite a bit different with the flame. Also, my burst is a lot darker. I wonder what the final plan is, darker burst, flame/no flame? I think I went mostly off of memory when I made that mock-up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Van Dyke

Reaction score
Well that seals the deal, thanks darren, troy, dave and kurt, I just ordered the standard 27 lizard burst! I am so stoked!!!!!! Can't wait for the crazy super baritone run of these bad boys!

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
these look awesome! I wonder would having a flat top single pickup version be easier and cheaper to manufacture? Because I think one of those would look awesome, offer it in natural and black stain, so people can get their meshuggah on.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
BONERJAM '09!!! HOLY SHIT!:yesway::bowdown:

I find that guitar (mock-up) very attractive.

Here's the original rendering of Lizard Burst on an Intrepid:

Agile_Intrepid_lizard_burst_maple.png

J-Twin

Extended-Range Dreamer
Reaction score
Wow, these look amazing! Thanks Kurt!! :yesway::yesway:

Is there/will there be a Rosewood/Tribal Red/25.5" option? :scratch:

Do we know yet what the materials & grain patterns will be for the tops?

what about the nut, locking? non-locking?

Fred

Reaction score
Agile Septor Standard 827 (Deposit for July Delivery) at HomeOld

No way... I recognise that guitar, haha! This is so fucking typical. Ah well, I guess the $430 extra I paid is pretty much covered by the the fact I got a 5-piece neck with 30" scale and 27 frets with ebony instead of rosewood. Still, would have jumped on one of these or the tremmed version had they been available last year!

As it is, I wish wish wish I could justify pulling the trigger for a 27" lizard burst! I'll have to wait for a second run, but at least by then we'll have seen how the real finishes turn out.

Tommy Van Dyke

Reaction score
Agile Septor Standard 827 (Deposit for July Delivery) at HomeOld

No way... I recognise that guitar, haha! This is so fucking typical. Ah well, I guess the $430 extra I paid is pretty much covered by the the fact I got a 5-piece neck with 30" scale and 27 frets with ebony instead of rosewood. Still, would have jumped on one of these or the tremmed version had they been available last year!

As it is, I wish wish wish I could justify pulling the trigger for a 27" lizard burst! I'll have to wait for a second run, but at least by then we'll have seen how the real finishes turn out.

Oh fred, me and the rest of the 8 string interceptor brigade applaud your bravery in getting this brute built. Shoot, think of the extra $450 as:
$100 ebony fretboard upcharge
$100 30" scale increase
$200 bucks for getting that beast before everyone else, I hate the fact that I won't get to jam on mine until July (also making you the ring leader)
$50 for owning the most famous 8 string interceptor yet :metal:

okay, thats reaching on the last two things but, hey, thanks for making this possible! :shred:

Fred

Reaction score
Haha, really, I have absolutely nothing to feel sour about. Never been happier with a guitar, but I'm a penny-pinching Englishman - gotta find something to whinge about, :lol:. Serious props to Kurt!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So anyone have any idea how long these pre orders generally last? i.e. when do I have to sign up by?

iShred92

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the look of ebony or rosewood necks to maple what do you think?

Attachments

• 27_lizard_flame copy.jpg
    27_lizard_flame copy.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 27_lizard_flame.jpg
    27_lizard_flame.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 28

djohns74

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the look of ebony or rosewood necks to maple what do you think?
Generally? I prefer the look of maple. On the Lizard Burst, I DEFINITELY prefer the look of maple. :)

That's just me though, I know a lot of people around here have a series hard-on for ebony, which is cool, to each his own.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Generally? I prefer the look of maple. On the Lizard Burst, I DEFINITELY prefer the look of maple. :)

That's just me though, I know a lot of people around here have a series hard-on for ebony, which is cool, to each his own.

Yeah, I'm one of those who has a serious hard-on for ebony, but I actually like the maple on the Lizard. I could go for the ebony as well, but I'm not actually pissed off about the maple on that (like I usually am about maple). The only thing I'm not super thrilled with is that Agile maple typically is very white - not really maple in color. That being said, Ebony isn't likely an option for the 8s, so I'll take maple over rosewood anyday (that green is beggin for either maple or black - not brown).

Urbane

Reaction score
on the interceptor pro i didnt realize he was putting EMG"s on it i thought he was going to go with the passives

')