Agile Interceptor Pro arrived! Pics! (56k = Sanjaya fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. Just what I need, a cheap neck-thru 7 with a Floyd. Agile's apparently trying to get my wife to kill me. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like this guitar has good "bones"... solid construction and good quality woods. Everything else is gravy.

Decent construction but not without some QC issues. My update on the second page provides the details. Basically, once you 'open up the hood', you can see why it's $599. That said, I still think it's a good deal, and the guitar plays and sounds very nice.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. Just what I need, a cheap neck-thru 7 with a Floyd. Agile's apparently trying to get my wife to kill me. :lol:

Yeah, I think Agile really found the market sweet spot with this one. Look at me, I've got a custom-made guitar coming in a month or two, and I STILL couldn't resist. :)

Maybe we should have a DC-area get-together in the next few weeks so folks can check it out--or at the very least when my KXK arrives.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think the black flame one looks hot, too.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Agile really found the market sweet spot with this one. Look at me, I've got a custom-made guitar coming in a month or two, and I STILL couldn't resist. :)

Maybe we should have a DC-area get-together in the next few weeks so folks can check it out--or at the very least when my KXK arrives.

Ok.... I'm probably have one by then but ok....:yesway: Especially since I'm currently sevenless (long story ...don't ask). I still find myself wishing the frets were bigger, but maybe I'll be ok with it once it's "in my hands".

I myself am gonna by real curious as too how it compares to the KXK. I'm expecting that that KXK will be better, my question is "by how much"?

Decent construction but not without some QC issues. My update on the second page provides the details. Basically, once you 'open up the hood', you can see why it's $599. That said, I still think it's a good deal, and the guitar plays and sounds very nice.

When you get some time, any chance of posting some pics "under the hood"?

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I myself am gonna by real curious as too how it compares to the KXK. I'm expecting that that KXK will be better, my question is "by how much"?

When you get some time, any chance of posting some pics "under the hood"?

Having played the KXK prototype, I can safely say that the KXK will sing and shred considerably more than the Agile. The KXK is a much sleeker design, with a thinner body and deeper cutouts and neck heel. And the quality of woods and fretwork is understandably much higher on a KXK.

I ordered my KXK with a slightly thicker neck than the prototype (but still thinner than the Agile), and bigger frets--just slightly smaller than 6100s (I can't remember which Dunlop number they are).

I'm quite busy this weekend getting work done and the house ready for company, but I'll see if I can snap a couple of pics of the trem cavity. I haven't even looked at the electronics cavity, but everything works, so I'll just leave it be... ;)

bazguitarman

Half assed at best
Reaction score
Tennessee, home of hillbillies and halfstacks.
I dunno... an "average" fret dressing job isn't a deal breaker for me. At least not on a $700 guitar. If they're level, that's the most important thing. Any competent guitar tech can probably polish and dress the frets for less than $100. Or you can learn to do it yourself. It sounds like this guitar has good "bones"... solid construction and good quality woods. Everything else is gravy.

I agree with this 100%. :yesway:

C`mon guys, how many of us have cheaper or even project 7`s that honestly might not be as nice as that Agile? My first 7 was an RG7321 and I`ll be the first to say that it needed some detail work to make it a better player. The previous owner already had a fret level and polish and installed locking tuners. And it still needs pickups and upgraded electronics.

So needing a little detail work isn`t that bad at this price level. In fact it`s to be expected.

IMO, the Agile looks like a fantastic foundation for a really nice player. Break it down like buying used car parts. With the Agile you are getting a nicely finished neck-through body/neck with an ebony fretboard. Now how much would it cost to outsource that work? Just a solid color finished body can cost upwards of $300.00 to $450.00. Then count the cost of the EMG pickups, control pots, switch and output jack. Next figure in the cost of the TRS 7 bridge, locking nut and tuners. All of that would cost well over the price of the Agile guitar.

I`m seriously considering buying one of the trans-black models myself, retro-fiting an OFR 7 bridge and having it refretted with stainless jumbo fret wire. That would be a killer guitar and would cost well below anything on the market with comparable features.

Looks pretty damn good to me. Now to just convince the wife that I need another guitar even though I can`t even play right now.

Eric

olejason

Reaction score
I'm about 90% sure I'm going to get one. I've gone back and forth between the Agile and the C7-fr but the EMG's, ebony board, and neck-thru are hard to beat for just $100 more.

I'll probably eventually upgrade the bridge to an OFR but other than that I don't think I'm going to do any better with a 7 w/ floyd under $800.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Just gorgeous !!!! wow!!!
Congrats on your new axe ...think it's going to be on my next 7 list after my s7320 arrives in 1 month ..

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you mean sustain? Does the Agile not have good sustain?

I think he means "will sound AMAZING" by saying "it will sing"

Yeah, I meant what Isan says. The Agile sustains just fine, but some guitars just have amazing tonal properties and "sing." The Agile isn't bad that way, but I wouldn't say that the notes jump right off the fretboard at you. Geez, for $599 I wasn't really expecting that. The Agile is livelier-sounding than many Korean neckthrus I've tried.

Snake Doctor

Antiquing?
Reaction score
Thats a gorgeous looking guitar man, congrats!

I'd never heard of Agile before i read this thread, i think they might be worth checking out by the looks of it.

EDIT: Or not, as it seems they wont ship to Australia, sigh.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
hmm well I just picked up a project RG7620 for my backup but geez that looking really tempting.. but I think money issues wont allow me to have it =[

Looks killer though, maybe if you put it up for sale, gimme a PM lol

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nice. I still wish these came in that Violin Sunburst. I'd also prefer the 27" scale length. I sent an e-mail to Kurt asking if such a beast was on the way, he said it might be if they get enough requests. So, anybody who'd prefer the 27" scale, and/or Violin Sunburst finish, drop them a line.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
')