Agile Interceptor Pro arrived! Pics! (56k = Sanjaya fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks more close to the ESP Horizon body style to me than the Soloist. :shrug:

Yes, that's true, but it has the bigger, rounder horns that both Eclipse and Mirage have, as opposed to the thin, sharp horns that the original Interceptor has. I would say the body is slightly thicker at the edges than a Horizon, and a bit more like a Schecter that way.

olejason

Reaction score
How does the neck compare to an ESP M or MH? The Thin-U I think?

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
How does the neck compare to an ESP M or MH? The Thin-U I think?

I've never played an M-307 or an MH, so I can't say. The neck is a bit thicker than the H-207 and H-307, however, but not grossly so. Much different profile than the H-307, with that 'thin-U' you refer to. The Agile Pro has a very pronounced "C" shape more like a Schecter, albeit not that thick.

fleeeep

Meeedly meeedly meee
Reaction score
So how you feeling about it 3 days on?
Still happy?
any chance of pics of the trem cavity and control cavity?

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
So how you feeling about it 3 days on?
Still happy?
any chance of pics of the trem cavity and control cavity?

I was busy all weekend and only had a chance to play around with it a bit for a few minutes last night before I went to bed. But yeah, I'm still happy with it. It plays and sounds nicer than you'd expect from a $600 guitar. It's definitely going to be my main guitar until the KXK shows up, and I'll probably keep it even after that. I'd say that anybody looking for a sub-$1000 7-string with 25.5" scale should seriously consider this guitar.

I'll see if I can take some pics this evening of the cavities and give a few more comments.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, here are a couple of pics of the cavities. Low quality, but no one ever accused me of being a great photographer. The light in my studio is very poor.

The first one shows both cavities. As you can see, there is plenty of room in the control cavity for a battery, which would have eliminated the need for the battery box, but there you go. Electronics installation appears pretty clean to me.

AgileCavityPics001.jpg

Next we have a closeup of the trem cavity. You can see how the two middle screw holes are drilled way too close to the edge of the cavity. Also, you can see how the rout is angled to provide room for the springs. My handiwork in stripping the bass-side claw screw, fortunately, remains hidden. :)

AgileCavityPics002.jpg

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's just a poorly-designed cavity for the trem springs. It should not be the full width required for the trem block all the way down. That's why the screws missed the mark.

I'm sure Kurt will scream at the factory again and have it fixed for the next run.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's just a poorly-designed cavity for the trem springs. It should not be the full width required for the trem block all the way down. That's why the screws missed the mark.

Very true--I hadn't noticed that. I'm used to the Jackson-style recessed cavities where the cover sits flush to the body and there is some routing around the entire width of the cover, so this didn't jump out at me.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Body looks a LOT like a schecter on this batch, and that's a great top. :yesway:

fleeeep

Meeedly meeedly meee
Reaction score
apart from the screws for the cover being too close to edge of the cavity the routes look pretty tidy, especially the control cavity, but you're right about the battery, they could have fit it in there and done with out the seperate compartment.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. I prefer having the battery compartment as it means you don't need a screwdriver to change the battery. Personal preference I guess.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Interesting. I prefer having the battery compartment as it means you don't need a screwdriver to change the battery. Personal preference I guess.

Methinks its a little more "pro" to have a battery compartment. 'Course if you want to go 18 volt it may suck.

Did they need it, probably not. Do I appreciate them adding it anyway, definitely.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really mind having the battery compartment--definitely more convenient, although EMG batteries last so long that it's not a big deal either way.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score

I'm sure Kurt will scream at the factory again and have it fixed for the next run.

Here's what the original Interceptor route looked like:
c97b9f1b.jpg

At least we got the rubbing issue resolved, now if we can just get them to leave more tonewood :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')