Agile Interceptor Pro question.

• Thread starter avenger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
Well I have been looking into getting an 8 string and stumbled upon this forum (great forum btw). I have owned an Ibanez 7321 which I felt played great and I actually loved the slightly wider neck it had while still remaining on the thinner side of necks.

My question to those with the Interceptor is what is the neck like. I have mainly played Jackson and Ibanez in the past and enjoy the shape of the neck but I find the necks on Schecters to be to "round" fat feeling.

If my horribly vague description makes any sense would the agile necks be something I would find playable or would I call it fat and round.

I will probaly end up ordering one etheir way (non-trem/passives hopefully upgraded to BKP's) unless the neck is super fat and then I dont know what I will do. I realize it is going to be a wider neck but that comes with the territory.

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Well my Intrepid's neck is 1/8 inch thicker than a 7321 neck if that helps at all. I've never played an Interceptor though.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that the Interceptor/Septor necks were the same specs as the Intrepids.

avenger

Reaction score
Well my Intrepid's neck is 1/8 inch thicker than a 7321 neck if that helps at all. I've never played an Interceptor though.
I ment Intrepid just confused the names as I typed it out. Well an 1/8 of an inch doesnt seem like to much so I think I am going to go ahead and order one. I am eyeing that 828 with 808's in it even though I will most likely end up switching them out based off what others have said.

Thanks for the quick replys

:shred:

amassivetree

Reaction score
I have an Interceptor Pro 8 (bolt-on) and Intrepid Pro 8. Before that, I basically refused to play anything that wasn't a shredneck, I esp like my 80s Kramer and Charvel. I actually laughed when I played a Schecter in GC, who would want a metal guitar with such a ridiculous neck?

Basically, they are both thicker, but I am very happy, and find them to be extremely comfortable. The Interceptor 8 neck (mine is a 27") is a bit meatier than Ibanez/Jackson necks, but it still feels quite fast, if you are okay with the width. The Interceptor has a flatter, maybe more of a C than a D shape compared to the Intrepid. The Intrepid (28 ") is thicker, but in some ways plays even better : it is probably as thick as an LP neck in the middle, but I really like the shape of the back, and both necks are wide and flat: I think the string spacing is the same as a 6 string, but it feels like I have a lot more room. On both I have been able to get an impressively low action, and I've retired or sold all the 6-strings.

I don't have any numbers, but perhaps you can get them from the Rondo specs, or I can measure later.

Internection

Reaction score
this is a good question. i as a matter of fact like playing rounder, thicker necks. ibanez necks drive me crazy. i have long fingers so it feels weird to me to play a thin neck

')