Agile Interceptor question re: the archtop

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Just how arched is the top on the Agile Interceptor/Septor?

Specifically, does it flatten out enough where the bridge sits to fit a flatmount Kahler on there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
You mean "Carved Top" ;)

I don't believe you can, the cave pretty much starts at the edge of the pickups and behind the bridge, so I don't think it'll sit right.

amassivetree

Reaction score
Don't forget there are two kinds of Kahlers though, the flat-mount and once which specifically is made for arched top guitars. Even the 7 and 8 string versions come in the stud-mount, arch top version Kahler 7227 seven string tremolo system The whole point of the Kahler is to have a trem you can easily mount on almost anything, one reason (in addition to the Floyd patents + exclusive liscence to Kramer) why they were so widely used in the 80s.

J-Twin

Extended-Range Dreamer
Reaction score
You mean "Carved Top" ;)

I don't believe you can, the cave pretty much starts at the edge of the pickups and behind the bridge, so I don't think it'll sit right.

Has anyone verified/checked this? I've been wondering myself. This may be lame, but I like the looks of the flat mount much more than the stud.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
You can always recess-mount it, but that of course will take more wood out than a regular mount. Still, I think recess-mount Kahlers look badass! :yesway:

')