Agile Intrepid 828 ebony top stain

• Thread starter Jesse Zuretti
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse Zuretti

Composer /// Guitar/Orchestra @Daath
Reaction score
Waiting for the headstock decal to show up.

2012-04-05_14-08-57_278.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Look's great! We just need more pic's for masturbamarathon!

Jesse Zuretti

Reaction score
Just waiting on the headstock decal. Installed the pups, put all of the hardware back on, cleaned it up. Looks just like I imagined!

Pics soon!

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Excellent advice! I'll take your word for it and pick some satin laquer tonight after work! Thanks a ton, bruv!

No problem mate. I'm not sure how far it was originally sanded (and the stain looks pretty equal) but in case you've gone through the grain filler you may want to at least apply about 3 coats of sanding sealer before you laquer it. Keep in mind you might have a hard time matching the laquer look of the front with the sides and back of the body. An easy way to prevent that would be to lightly sand the sides and back and laquer that along with the top but that's fully up to preference.

Hope it turns out nice!

Jesse Zuretti

Reaction score
far right is the headstock - need to finish putting it back together. reads; "JESPERION"

551469_865081912088_33705960_36602586_59614329_n.jpg

Should be completed by Friday. Can't wait to play it! I didn't even get a chance to play around with the Agile for even a note. Just jumped straight into destroying it!

PS: please forgive my over-use of black and white photos, I listen to progressive-Scandinavian-extreme-vegetarian-white-light metal too much. I promise when it's ready to rock, I'll get some cute outdoor, natural lighting pictures.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I was just about to tell you to quit being so damn artsy with the B&W pics and show us what it actually looks like. :lol:

Jesse Zuretti

Reaction score
I was just about to tell you to quit being so damn artsy with the B&W pics and show us what it actually looks like. :lol:

What are you talking about? All of the pictures are in full, vibrant colour. I think you may be colorblind, bruv

:lol:

Levi79

Reaction score
You have a Daemoness and your fooling around with an Agile? :lol:

In all seriousness though, this is pretty cool. Especially for $250!

Jesse Zuretti

Reaction score
Gnarles, very very clean job so far bud! Looks like a very fun project. Please give all the details you can!

Thanks, man! I'm getting it back today from a buddy of mine who wanted to fiddle with the details a bit. I'll post "belated NGD" pics ASAP!

where are you ordering your head stock decal from?

I have a buddy who does decals for cars. Hooked me up quite cheap. That's a great way to go. It was $1.00 for the decal.

Jesse Zuretti

Reaction score
Pictures up tomorrow, promise! Plays great, sounds great, looks great, I love it! But...I'm such a non-8 stringer. Might end up selling it to someone who will appreciate an 8 string more than I will.

sick stuff here man \m/

Thank you!

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
saw you were selling this one, shame! to bad i recently bought my 7 string... otherwise I´d love to buy it from you and give it a nice home

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Excited to see how this turned out! Makes me wanna go and do something like this to mine if the finish isn't too much of a bitch to take off (like my ibanez....). How long did it take you to sand the top?

Latest posts

')