Agile multiscales next week! or later...

• Thread starter Ironberry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
When he makes fanned 8's, I will start getting interested.

I simply do not see a use for fanned 7's. I tune my 26.5" to Bb and the tone and tension are great all around.

I would love a 25.5-27" 8 string. I would buy it IMMEDIATELY.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pirateparty

Reaction score
I've been saving up for a Septor 828, and now that they are out of stock I might just have to pick one of these up.

Are there gonna be 8 string fans? or are these just 7s?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure a fanned 7 in that range is adding anything. It would still be tough to get a non-Gary G. high A on that, and I'm not sure you'd need the fanning for any other reason. I still think I'll do a Roter, even if it is a few hundred more. And probably a crazy 24/28 9 string at that!

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure a fanned 7 in that range is adding anything. It would still be tough to get a non-Gary G. high A on that, and I'm not sure you'd need the fanning for any other reason. I still think I'll do a Roter, even if it is a few hundred more. And probably a crazy 24/28 9 string at that!

Plenty of people like the 27" low B for riffing and the 25.5" scale up top for easy bends. I'd go back to a 25" myself, but honestly that's a pretty good setup for standard tuning with the string gauges from a standard 10-46+56 set.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
For around $650 seems like a fcuking bargain to me :agreed:

As Bacon in Lock Stock says.....

"Let's sort the buyers from the spyers, the needy from the greedy, and those who trust me from the ones who don't, because if you can't see value here today, you're not up here shopping. You're up here shoplifting. You see these goods? Never seen daylight, moonlight, Israelite. Fanny by the gaslight. Take a bag, c'mon take a bag. I took a bag home last night. Cost me a lot more than ten pound, I can tell you. Anyone like jewelry? Look at that one there. Handmade in Italy, hand-stolen in Stepney. It's as long as my arm. I wish it was as long as something else. Don't think because these boxes are sealed up, they're empty. The only man who sells empty boxes is the undertaker, and by the look of some of you lot today, I'd make more money with me measuring tape!" :lol:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been trying to save for one of these since I first heard about them, but damn bills keep keep getting in the way :( We'll see how fast I can get the deposit!

Scarpie

Reaction score
i don't want to be a stick in the mud, but i grow wheary of the fact that the nut on them guitars is straight. doesn't that interfere with the idea of fanning and scale accuracy? i could be wrong, actually am sure that i am. could someone explain to me please?

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
i don't want to be a stick in the mud, but i grow wheary of the fact that the nut on them guitars is straight. doesn't that interfere with the idea of fanning and scale accuracy? i could be wrong, actually am sure that i am. could someone explain to me please?

There's a zero fret. The nut's pretty much just there to keep the strings aligned and separated properly.

Yen

Reaction score
for the lulz

Septor_8MS_Head2.jpg

Angle the pickups and make it 28" to 25.5" for complete awesomeness. :hbang:

Aris_T

Reaction score
Great addition to the line! Too bad there are no pics of the actual model anywhere

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Im gonna buy one down the line since ive always been curious about fanned frets and it would be nice to have at least one :D

djohns74

Reaction score
Angle the pickups and make it 28" to 25.5" for complete awesomeness. :hbang:
I had previously made one with angled pickups too, but alas, mine were simply 100% uninformed concepts, it was never all that likely that the real thing would turn out anything like any of them. :(

Intrepid_8MS_PassiveSlant.jpg

Lasik124

Reaction score
I can Dig These, I'm not big on any of the colors personally, But Eager to try Fanned Frets...One Day I shall ha

')