Agile or Carvin or others? help

Reaction score
Hi warmhearters, recently, I decide to buy my first 7string guitar, but, of course, I encountered lots of problem. I have never tried any guitar of carvin or agile before, so I don't know which is better for me (don't mock at me, maybe it's unconvenient for me try some in other cities - -), I have a ESP and a EBMM jp6x, to be honestly, I prefer the ESP because of the seymour duncan pu.. when I imagine my first 7str, the SD pu is always my first choice, and ebony fingerboard,and maybe I only can afford $1300 for it, and USA made... so I really need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
This forum is extremely Carvin-biased, prepare for an almost unanimous Carvin vote

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Hi warmhearters, recently, I decide to buy my first 7string guitar, but, of course, I encountered lots of problem. I have never tried any guitar of carvin or agile before, so I don't know which is better for me (don't mock at me, maybe it's unconvenient for me try some in other cities - -), I have a ESP and a EBMM jp6x, to be honestly, I prefer the ESP because of the seymour duncan pu.. when I imagine my first 7str, the SD pu is always my first choice, and ebony fingerboard,and maybe I only can afford $1300 for it, and USA made... so I really need some advice

...good luck!

With those specs you will have to get a Carvin :lol: Carvins are badass though.

Agiles are NOT USA made FYI.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
lol, really? Carvin is good, made in USA for sure, low price, but without any SD or EMG..

If you get the pickups ahead of time, you can send them to Carvin to be installed in your guitar when it's built for a slight upcharge. Or just have the stock pickups in the guitar and swap them out later on.

I never really worry about what pickups come stock in a guitar. In the case of spec'ing out my Carvin, I worried more about things that couldn't be changed later on like body/fretboard wood, what type of bridge, control layout, etc. since I can always swap out the pickups and other hardware later if I want.

Reaction score
thanks man, I know that maybe my request is mean and unbelievable, but this 7str is my first one, I don't want it break my heart and budget

Reaction score
be honestly, I was affected by X7X badly, you know, Before THAT, I thought USA made was the most quality, but now, I don't know how to judge it... You are a Carvin owner right? how about the quality?

7stg

Reaction score
Bang for buck Carvin is hard to beat. Their DC7x Is the best 7 string model I know of. I play a Carvin see my avatar pic to the side. The other worthy contenders are the Jackson B7 and maybe the ESP E-II HORIZON NT-7B. Although a great value, Agile is not in the same league.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
My Carvin's been my number 1 guitar for 10 years. It's a delight every time I play it.

geofreesun

Reaction score
my vote goes to carvin (sd pickups will fit nicely, install yourself), or schecter km7 (ebony + duncans, great value)

stevexc

Reaction score
How about Agile custom? Not USA made ?

Made in China, if I remember correctly. Asia for sure. They're only barely "custom" guitars - you get to pick maybe a dozen options. That said, Carvin's only slightly more "custom", but still built to a higher standard.

be honestly, I was affected by X7X badly, you know, Before THAT, I thought USA made was the most quality, but now, I don't know how to judge it... You are a Carvin owner right? how about the quality?

I'm not sure who this was a reply to, you might want to try using the "Quote" button in the bottom right corner of the post you're specifically referring to. If it was me, sorry but I'm not a Carvin owner and don't have any firsthand experience.

However, I will stick my neck out and say that USA made does not by default mean "better". All it means is that it was made in the USA. I mean, Mayones wouldn't be better if their factory was in the States, and Carvin wouldn't be worse if their factory was in China so long as the parts, process, and product was held to the same standard. The specific factory matters more than where that factory is. I personally trust most anything made at the World Music factory in Korea, for example, at least when it comes to midrange guitars.

That said Carvin has a high standard for quality and an excellent return policy if you're unhappy with your instrument.

if i order a Carvin DC7xx with ebony fretsboard, and mail them a pair of SD pu, how much are that? thanks a lot man

You would have to price out the guitar online and ask them to get an accurate price. I'd recommend calling them for the whole process, they'll take care of you.

Reaction score
thanks guy, what you said comfort me, ebony+SD, what i want, so do you know how much if i order DC7xx in Carvin with ebony and sd

Latest posts

')