Agile or Schecter or LTD?

• Thread starter JerSim94
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JerSim94

Thallmeister General
Reaction score
I found an Agile Intrepid and an Agile Interceptor that I like a lot for relatively cheap. I also found a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 that I like a lot. And I also found a LTD MH-350NT that I'm in love with. I am 620 bucks from marrying it. That being said, I need some honest help. Which should I get? I want something with a damn good neck and the ability to be dropped to A# well. I'm probably gonna put a 7 string set on it and lose the high E. If anybody can give me some feedback it would be much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
In terms of quality, I believe the ESP LTD would be the best pick, then Schecter, then Agile. Though quality is important, it doesn't mean it will be the best guitar for you. I'd go out and try them if possible. All of these guitars have the ability to be dropped to A#, given the scale length is suited for it.

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
I have an LTD MH-350NT and I was playing it in a drop A tuning and it held up just fine. I would go with the LTD, but that's just my preference and I am pretty biased towards them lol.

I've played both Agiles and Schechters too. I've never really liked Schechter necks, and to me Agiles feel a little bit flimsy. They are all great instruments and they play really well, but to me LTDs feel the most sturdy and I've beaten the hell out of enough of em to say they're solid work horses.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I have had many LTDs since I've started and none of them have every disappointed me in whatever tuning they were in and they all played smoothly too :p

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
There's any LTD MH-350NT on local Craigslist for only $350 and includes a hard case...want so bad, but car tax and car repairs took that money from me. Need some quick fund raising :scream:

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I'll never own an Agile because to me, they feel like toys.

I've played many Schecters and many LTD's and have quite enjoyed them. The LTD's maybe a little over the Schecters.

At the end of the day though, you can't really base your opinion on what us internet chums have to say. The Agile might turn out to be your dream guitar, or vice versa.

Just because one person here likes/dislikes doesn't mean you won't be in absolute love with it.

AxeArchangel

Reaction score
I've got a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 tuned in Drop C and I love it. It's my main guitar now playing live and most importantly recording. The tone in the bridge pickup of this guitar is just incredible that's why my band chose it to record all the guitar parts (except for guitar solos/harmonies) on our upcoming EP/Album sort of thing, just be careful of those stock neck pickups cause they're a little bassy. This guitar never disappointed me in any situation. But IMO try the LTD's as well cause they are also amazing guitars (I'm gassing hard for an LTD EC - 1000 or 401 or 407 and might buy them soon). Cheers!

M3talh3ad

Reaction score
I have a agile septor 727 and its my 7 string baby. I also have an esp ec-1000 fr which is my 6 string baby. They are both amazing. I would honestly prefer, personally the agile over the ltd 350. If you have $600 to spend you cant go wrong with the agiles. They play extremely well. It would make more sense to me to get a 7 instead of taking off the high E (if i read that correctly) overall though you cannot go wrong with any of the 3 choices. Ive owned several schecters also and they make some quality shit. But ive never played the omen so just check them all out before you buy. Good luck man

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Do you want a 7 or a 6?
You could get an Agile 7 for a relatively cheap price. Its pretty quality

Black43

Hated Ibanezes once
Reaction score
IMO (and I may offend a lot of people), Agile guitars feel like Fisher Price childrens toys. The LTD is the pick, I've got a f-350 ATM and it's the most perfect guitar i've ever played. Schecters are decent, but it won't make you grin like the LTD will.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
I think 85% of our opinions are based on the brand that we are infatuated with. I personally have a preference for Schecter. But from the sound of it that LTD is what you're most interested in. I say you save for it.

texshred777

Reaction score
I think 85% of our opinions are based on the brand that we are infatuated with. I personally have a preference for Schecter. But from the sound of it that LTD is what you're most interested in. I say you save for it.

Totally agree. I'm an Ibanez guy, and don't personally care for ESP/LTD but that sounds like what you want. If you've played it, and really are in love with that particular guitar save for it. You'll likely be happier.

JerSim94

Thallmeister General
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your insight on the matter. I would go with the LTD... but I am an Ibanez man at heart. And I just found an RGD321 for 500 bucks that I'm probably gonna throw some money at. Thanks again for all the recommendations though!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Want a funky scale length? Go Agile...

Otherwise, I'd say--after having played a good few from both camps--that the ESP and Schecter are more or less on par with each other in their low to mid range instruments and it's really going to come down to personal preference as far as feel and aesthetics.

I have owned two Agiles and couldn't be happier with them: an Intrepid 828 EB Spalt and a semicustom Pendulum Pro Dual 82728.

:2c:

cakewalkgg

Reaction score
I have 2 LTDS a Shecter 7 and 2 Agiles.. In the "consumer" grade levels.. the Agiles in my opinion are superior instruments and not by a narrow margin

')