Agile Overhauled! (Tacky content)(56k: quit living in the past)

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Well, decided that after I swore off superstrats (until the next awesome one comes along), I'd upgrade my Agile to the caliber of a great guitar, via an original floyd rose and high-quality wires, pots, and switches.

Well, I've got no pics of the inside, but hey, who cares!

I ordered an OFR7 in black from Prorockgear.com.

A week later, having recieved no trem, sent over an email. Steve responded quickly, found out it was an inventory control problem and they had no left, and overnighted me a gold one at no extra charge, so +2 for the guys from Prorockgear.

We started here, with a black hornet 7 Pro.

hpim0766.jpg

hpim0767.jpg

hpim0769.jpg

hpim0771.jpg

hpim0773l.jpg

hpim0774.jpg

hpim0776.jpg

Now we're here. Switchcraft switch, CTS pots, OFR7. Blackout Neck in the bridge, EMG 707-TW in the neck.

I ordered a set of 6 left-handed tuners and a seventh, but it came in right-handed, so i swapped the gold buttons and bushings with black tuners, so they look like those pricey tuners on classical guitars.

hpim0778.jpg

Also, behold my modified cliplock strap, with heavy padding.

I don't know if it's because I hadn't played this axe in a while, or something else, but with the nice hardened steel OFR on the guitar instead of the Pot steel Korean LFR, it just sounds so much fuller and clearer. Anyone care to shed some light on that? OFRs making guitars sound better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The trem is your bridge. The more mass, the better, at least to most. No surprise that the hardened steel OFR with it's more mass and more massive block sound better.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
awesome upgrade dude! is that the 707tw i traded you? If so, i'm glad to see it being used in such awesome fashion! That looks great with the gold hardware...

:2c:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Yep, it is. I'm considering wiring in a boost for when I'm using the split, because the output drops so drastically in single-coil mode that it doesn't cut through my Decimator, and I have to switch it off. I'd much prefer having a boost on the guitar, but I'd have no need for one for either pickup in humbucking mode, considering how powerful both the TW and Blackout are. I might just have to deal with it.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, very classy. I take it the OFR7 is a direct replacement for the LFR7 with no modification required?

EliNoPants

Reaction score
that looks so much like the old Dave Mustaine Jackson King V sig now

black with gold hardware FTW!!!

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Wow, very classy. I take it the OFR7 is a direct replacement for the LFR7 with no modification required?

You have to do a teeny bit of routing on the treble side, the LFRs have a slanted back side, and OFRs are straight. 30 seconds with a dremel and some black nail polish, looks good as new.

I always loved those Jackson KV1s, I plan on getting a Red Hornet 7 with a hardtail (To convert to a Kahler unit) sometime in the future.

')