Agile Owners Club

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

musicman61554

Reaction score
I owned an 8 string Agile for years and loved it just didnt play it too much and sold it. Ive had numerous students over the years own them and they are very solid guitars for the price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
So far so good, but all I've had to do so far is tune it a lil bit. When I get more time over the weekend I'll sit down and give it a more thorough setup and get a better feel for the hardware. Tuning it was really easy and surprisingly nice, I wasn't sure what to expect with the bridge tuners but after getting used to the Floyd Rose tuners on my Charvel it was an easy adjustment. Anything in particular I should look out for on the bridge? I can take some more pics if there's anything you'd like to see.

Before the guitar got here I had thought about getting a Hipshot headless nut/string-locker thing and cutting off the excess headstock nub for a more traditional look (is traditional even a thing with headless??) but after seeing the Agile locks in person I think I'll keep em until they give me trouble.
No joke, I was thinking the same thing with the “headstock” :lol: FWIW I think the Hipshot lock would still look better.

If memory serves people have complained about stability and intonation issues with the saddles on the bridge.

DRDubbs85

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Update for the Chiral - unfortunately it got sent back. I had some time to check intonation and it was way sharp. I adjusted the bridge of the low string but it physically couldn't intonate. I'm not sure what the problem was or how to fix it, but I knew if I kept it it would bug me so off it went.

In good news though, I ordered a Schecter Reaper 7 Elite during a Labor Day sale. If it ever gets here I'll have a NGD to post!

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Update for the Chiral - unfortunately it got sent back. I had some time to check intonation and it was way sharp. I adjusted the bridge of the low string but it physically couldn't intonate. I'm not sure what the problem was or how to fix it, but I knew if I kept it it would bug me so off it went.

In good news though, I ordered a Schecter Reaper 7 Elite during a Labor Day sale. If it ever gets here I'll have a NGD to post!
Damn, that's lame! Hopefully the Reaper treats you well, they look great!
I almost pulled the trigger on one a few times myself in the last few weeks.

DRDubbs85

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So update to the update. The Reaper ended up not happening. The seller on Reverb, which seemed like a reputable shop with lots of reviews, hadn't shipped after two weeks. After multiple messages and refund requests I got Reverb involved and finally got a refund. What a mess.

Sooooo I decided to go back to my roots again and looked at Agile again. I really liked the look of the Geodesic, it seemed to be the perfect step up from the Chiral to me. I've never been a big fan of the style where the top curve is bare wood that Kiesel, Schecter, and the Chiral have. The Geodesic takes care of that.

Quick shout-out to Rondo - I ordered the guitar at 10 pm and it was shipped next day. Hugely impressive after the Reaper fiasco!

The guitar arrived today and I'm in love with it. I've had a few Reverend guitars in the past and loved the roasted maple necks that they have, so it was really nice to get that on the Geodesic. The headpiece is much better on here than the Chiral. Fit and finish is fantastic, I haven't found any flaws yet. The neck is very playable and no buzzing.

The Fishman pickups are pretty cool. I could make a whole post about them honestly. I was kinda hesitant to try them as it seems like there's a lot of love but a lot of people who say they can't stand em too. So far I'm really enjoying them, all the voices are pretty unique and useable.

Overall I'd say this is a pretty amazing guitar, not just for the price but in general. Id highly recommend it to anyone looking into a headless design.

PXL_20230918_233410418.jpg
PXL_20230918_233415924.jpg
PXL_20230918_233437871.jpg
PXL_20230918_233449840.jpg

')