Agile Pendulum 7 in stock

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
That's true... I'm assuming you would have to get 8 string Q-Tuners to compensate for the length you would need from angling. That's actually not a bad idea :lol: The only problem I see is that Q-Tuners seem to be a love it or hate it kind of thing, like EMG's :lol: Also, people who love the neck Q-Tuner seem to dislike the bridge one, but I imagine I would like it more than an EMG :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I love it in both positions. Some people just don't like that honesty in a bridge pup but I think it awesome.

I'd assume they're using 808's for the same reason so it'd just be BL-5's to replace it.

I haven't heard of anyone disliking the Q-tuner in the neck position, it'd be pretty hard not to unless you don't like warm acoustic clean tones and liquid leads out of your neck pup.

Bridge still the same thing you either like the honesty or you don't. They are the polar opposite of emgs but yeah still nothing like conventional passives in that aspect.

There are now 3 categories of pickups! Passives, actives, and Q-tuners!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
That's true... I'm assuming you would have to get 8 string Q-Tuners to compensate for the length you would need from angling. That's actually not a bad idea :lol: The only problem I see is that Q-Tuners seem to be a love it or hate it kind of thing, like EMG's :lol: Also, people who love the neck Q-Tuner seem to dislike the bridge one, but I imagine I would like it more than an EMG :lol:

the 5 string bass q tuner drops right into an 808 route, and they already have 707 sized 7 string ones :)

ephrion

Reaction score
I honestly think he fucked up and didn't realize what a non slanted pup would do. I didn't think anything of it until I actually read some threads about it the day before mine arrived.
A costly oversight on his part for sure.

Whoever designs his guitars obviously has no idea how important pickup position is to the sound of the instrument... Most of the guitars have pickups far from the bridge, which results in a really muddy tone. I can see how that'd be a good thing for a rock/blues type application where you'd want a warmer sound, but in a metal guitar? Quite disappointing.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Whoever designs his guitars obviously has no idea how important pickup position is to the sound of the instrument... Most of the guitars have pickups far from the bridge, which results in a really muddy tone. I can see how that'd be a good thing for a rock/blues type application where you'd want a warmer sound, but in a metal guitar? Quite disappointing.

Really? Because muddy is not something that gets mentioned a lot with Agiles.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but to get a pickup custom wound to be angled would absolutely kill the low price of it. I'm cool with EMG's on it (even though I hate active pickups) as long as the price remains low. Can't ask for too much on a sub $1000 instrument, especially on a REALLY specialized item like a fanned fret guitar :lol:

Remember this is ss.org; unless it has custom wound pickups, an ebony/maple fretboard, a finish that switches between satin and gloss depending on the day of the week, 11 different scale length choices, and a ball massager no one will be happy, no matter how much it cost:lol:

Really? Because muddy is not something that gets mentioned a lot with Agiles.

That's because most Agiles have their bridge pickups in the correct spots ;)

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Hopefully Kurt reads around and realizes why rather than just writing them off entirely.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully Kurt reads around and realizes why rather than just writing them off entirely.

I think he will. Kurt is pretty good about listening to the buying public (just look at Rondo's track record), and should be able to rectify this.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Dry your eyes.

First prototype done - final specs sent off to Kahler - should see some production before year end.
(have to get the fan 7 working before the fan 8)

pendulumfan1.jpg

Reaction score
I was just about to type that I ment the 7 string, but I now realized that the one in the picture has 7 strings o_O

anyway, I don't like the headstock and the gold stuff, I just want the guitar the way it was, just with a slanted pickup:yesway:

avenger

Reaction score
Holy shit! If it didnt look like a counter top I would be selling an Ibby or two for that thing!

Synaptic

Reaction score
Whelp, I decided after reading these forums to go ahead and snatch that recent flat black B stock Pendulum that was mentioned in a couple of threads. Got to me yesterday and it's been difficult to put it down since.

First off, the guitar is actually in amazing condition. None of the "flaws" are apparent at all, it's a sweet beast. The listing mentioned some light scratched and a chip, but the scratches are basically invisible and the chip isn't really a chip at all just an impact spot in a hidden area.

Secondly, I have absolutely no idea how so many of the posts here have been circle-jerking over the lack of a slanted pup. I'll just say upfront that this thing screams through my Marshall TSL100/JCM2000. The bass strings DO NOT sound muddy or harmonically flat as claimed by another poster, and this is BEFORE I've even dropped in the Q-tuner I've ordered.

This is even more insane considering I play in full fifths (C#-G) and so my bottom strings are dropped way down, and even with a 105w flat-wound all the way at the bottom, she still growls like a raspy arch-demon from Sheol. To the guy who chucked his Pendulum after 30 minutes, all I can say is check your gear man, cause it wasn't the axe.

This is my first 7 and my first multi-scale, and I'm loving both. I finally have the full range in full fifths that I wanted, and because of the multi-scale I can actually play without feeling like I've got slinkys for low strings.

Just thought I'd report in to anyone considering buying up what's left of the Pendulums, it's a great axe and reports of it's sonic shortfalls have been severely overstated.

I'm glad I got mine because I prefer the reverse headstock of this first run vs. the newer style, and the through body bridge vs. the Kahler on the preview model.

If this sounds like an advertisement well fucking good then cause frankly this thing kicks the snot out of the Schecter 7 I was looking at at Sam Ash, especially for the price.

Peace.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
This is even more insane considering I play in full fifths (C#-G) and so my bottom strings are dropped way down, and even with a 105w flat-wound all the way at the bottom, she still growls like a raspy arch-demon from Sheol. To the guy who chucked his Pendulum after 30 minutes, all I can say is check your gear man, cause it wasn't the axe.

Just thought I'd report in to anyone considering buying up what's left of the Pendulums, it's a great axe and reports of it's sonic shortfalls have been severely overstated.

Well opinions differ don't they, a lot of people will argue that putting a 105 string on a guitar will sound terrible but you like it.

Synaptic

Reaction score
Well opinions differ don't they, a lot of people will argue that putting a 105 string on a guitar will sound terrible but you like it.

Eh, kind of a victim of circumstance. I would much rather go with a thinner gauge on the low end, but even at 27" on the bottom scale length, that C# all the way down there is pretty loose with anything thinner than 100w. Also, I would rather play 100w right now than a 105, but things just worked out where that was the best I had available to me at the time.

My ideal gauges for this multi scale (using a tension calculator) should be:

100w C#
61w G#
42w D#
26w A#
16p F
10p C
8p G (6p theoretically but I don't feel like trying out that one guys strings...)

Extraordinary tunings call for extraordinary gauges...

Still my point is, even with these extreme gauges and downtuning, that non slanted pup can still scream when you run it through decent gear.

ephrion

Reaction score
Post clips, because its basically a scientific fact that the pickup will be muddy on the low strings.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if there's anything scientific about that fact, but yeah, I would need to hear clips because that doesn't sound like a recipe for anything other than muddy :lol:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
All I know is that I'm saving up for one of these guys but if they made one with a 23ish-25.5ish I'd go back into Credit Card debt to get one! High A for the win!

And Tone depends on some much you can't just blame it on pickup placement and string gauge. You're amp and hell your picking and fretting style is going to have more effect (this is all of course, in my opinion) so I really don't see why the non-slanted is such a big deal sound wise.

I think the slant looks a lot cooler though! Haha!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Pickup position makes a huge difference, possibly even more so than the actual pickup itself. It's like trying to play tight, crystal clear rhythm on a neck pickup, and pinch harmonics are harder, although possible.

Latest posts

')