Agile Pendulum 7 in stock

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
And remember, these are bolt-on so you can easily steal the neck and bridge and build your own body if the pickup issue really bothers you. You'd still have a fanned instrument for a fraction of the price of a custom build.

:agreed: This sounds like something I might want to do! Although, $550 for just a neck might be a bit much...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
Can someone explain this zero fret? Is it the area behind the first fret (like the ACTUAL metal fret) on the higher strings?

So to play a high e open one would have to fret the "zero" fret.

EDIT:

Also I think having the scale fan up to 25.5 makes more sense to me. Then we could all have high a strings no problem. I am actually considering pickin gone of these up. The pickup doesnt bother me to much although I am sure if it followed the bridge angle it would look aton better. If it was fanned up to 25.5 allowing a shorter scale to add a higher string I would order one right now.

avenger

Reaction score
So is it the first slanted fret just raised higher so the strings sit on it somehow? Would that not sound like buzzing shit when played open?

I am not understanding this at all.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^^ Even better than a nut, because in my experience the strings sit higher over the first fret when not fretted than they do over the second fret when the string is fretted at the first fret. i.e. the nut is higher than a zero fret would be. That translates ever so slightly into better action along the whole neck.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
The price is right, im going to hold out until he does angled pick ups.

Or grab a B Stock one and "fix" the pup on my own.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
I don't see why kurt didn't just use an angled EMG 808. It uses bar magnets, so angling an 8 string pup on a 7 string guitar should have worked out awesome, no?

Seems like the only reason people don't want it is because of the non angled pickup. All the anti-rosewood people can go buy some fretboard dye :p

m13os86

Reaction score
i just got a newsletter sent from Kurt that includes some info on future Pendulums:

"Depending on customer comments, the model will be further developed into a Pendulum Pro (with angled nut and angled pickup) and a version with Kahler Trem. Of course that will bring the price up a lot (maybe double the price for the trem model). I would not expect pro models until around Christmas and no trem models before 2010."

Reaction score
i just got a newsletter sent from Kurt that includes some info on future Pendulums:

"Depending on customer comments, the model will be further developed into a Pendulum Pro (with angled nut and angled pickup) and a version with Kahler Trem. Of course that will bring the price up a lot (maybe double the price for the trem model). I would not expect pro models until around Christmas and no trem models before 2010."

Kahler makes an angled Trem?? :scratch: plus even if they dont yet how the hell would that work out??

I think I want the 2nd question anwsed more then the first...:ugh:

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
^^ Even better than a nut, because in my experience the strings sit higher over the first fret when not fretted than they do over the second fret when the string is fretted at the first fret. i.e. the nut is higher than a zero fret would be. That translates ever so slightly into better action along the whole neck.

A properly adjusted standard nut doesn't hold the strings any higher than a zero fret. This should be part of a proper setup and vital for good intonation. Very few factories take the time to properly cut a nut, unfortunately.

Anyhoo, although I'd prefer to see an angled pickup it's understandable why Kurt has gone with the conventional humbucker considering the price. I think he deserves a huge round of applause for making this happen :yesway:

K-8

Reaction score
So i got my black Pendulum in the mail yesterday and it pains me to say this.... It sounds horrible!! The pickup not being slanted made a HUGE difference. It sounds like your playing out of the neck pickup and is impossible to get a pinch harmonic. I boxed it back up after 5 minutes of playing and sent it back. It's too bad because it played like a dream.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
So i got my black Pendulum in the mail yesterday and it pains me to say this.... It sounds horrible!! The pickup not being slanted made a HUGE difference. It sounds like your playing out of the neck pickup and is impossible to get a pinch harmonic. I boxed it back up after 5 minutes of playing and sent it back. It's too bad because it played like a dream.

I would expect as much, having tried a SC sig, and hating the middle pickup.

If he makes one with an angled pickup for a decent price (ie not THAT much more than these) then I'll probably pick one up, although I'd rather see a fanned 8 since I don't see too much point in fanning a 7, since I'm cool with both 25.5" and 27" scale 7 strings.

ncbrock

Reaction score
id be more interested if it had a 28-25.5 fret instead of 27-25.5 or maybe a 30-27 would be awesome. and of course and angled pickup.

K-8

Reaction score
^PIcs? if not im going to say you are full of shit. :lol:

Haha why would i lie about buying a $500 guitar?? That's pretty stupid. My picture below is proof enough...

Attachments

• Schecter K copy.jpg
    Schecter K copy.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 110
')