Agile Pendulum - Anybody seen this?

• Thread starter Mr. Big Noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Always thought fanned frets looked retarded, and that isn't changing my mind.

Hell yeah, lets crank that suicide silence album of the year and bash shit we dont know about!

I'm definitely interested in one of these and would gladly skimp together the money needed to get one, as i've been wanting a fanned fret guitar for about 2-3 years now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
That's just your opinion. I look at Blackmachines, Oni's and Sherman's with fanned frets and they look fucking awesome.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
That's just your opinion. I look at Blackmachines, Oni's and Sherman's with fanned frets and they look fucking awesome.

:agreed:

I think fanned frets look freaking awesome. I'm a sucker for out of the box though :wub:

Way to get all gibson purist on us tom! :lol:

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
Yea I think they look cool! I'm intrigued enough to definitely buy one of these Agile's when they land, definitely. I'm pretty definite about that. Definitively.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Did I bash the effectiveness of them? No, I just said they looked retarded, which they do.

Im gonna just bash the effectiveness of your post. that shit is the kind of shit that makes harmony central such a sinkhole.

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Did I bash the effectiveness of them? No, I just said THAT IN MY HUMBLE, AND NOT AT ALL PROSCRIPTIVE OPINION, they looked retarded, which I THINK THAT they do. I FULLY RESPECT THAT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS MAY DIFFER IN THIS MATTER.

Fixed.

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out how to slip an 8 string pendulum past the wife's Frivolous Purchase Radar. For the price, and for what you get, I can't see this guitar as anything but a stellar deal.

Reaction score
Kurt is the man. He's listened and made so many guitars because of us. That is pretty awesome in my book. Im really looking forward to this model, thought I think im looking forward to the Fanned 8 more than the 7 as I have still yet to own an 8 String. But depending on color/specs I may change my mind, I really think im going to get another Custom Agile first of the year though.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
I think a 4+4 headstock on the 8 string model would be a much better option. I feel it would compliment the instruments aesthetics a lot more than an in line headstock like the SC608b, which I don't really like all too much on mine. Slanted EMG808's are absolutely fine but I would be of preference to slanted passives personally. I would go for a darker fretboard wood however, I think that would generally be more popular and again serve to smoothen the aesthetics on the instrument with darker finishes. I did however see an Intrepid at one point with a maple fretboard and an almost 'ocean' like finish to the flamed maple that I thought looked really lovely.

Looking foward to seeing some more photos soon. And even more so looking forward to ordering an instrument!

Reaction score
im at work so i can't see the photos but to put in my two cents on inline headstocks i must admit i think they're sweet, seriously they're :hbang: as shit! that's what originally made me like ibby 7's so much is the headstock shouts 7 string right away because it's much bigger than the six... i would love to see a 2228 w/an inline and the huge swoop if i were endorsed it would f'n happen! (the six inline looks wimpy to me). 4+4's in their defense are much more "tasteful" i would say.

btw- i think a fanned fret is the 8 im waiting for... having the smaller scale for leads would i believe cause me to stick with an 8 (i've had 3 and sold them all cause i didn't like the scale)

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh so FUCKING DO WANT!!!! :drool:

Like Metal Ken, I've been wanting an affordable fanned fret 7 or 8 for years now, ever since I first saw it on a Blackmachine. $699?? What, 20% down, and a few months to save up the difference? Fuck it, I'm in on this. Seriously, I would drink Folgers and eat nothing but lunchmeat to save enough for this. I am IN.

Some thoughts: I'd much rather see a 28"-25.5" or even 28" to 24.75" scale, though I'll take 27" if I have to. ;) As far as the headstock goes, why not do the Intrepid style, but upside down? Beyond that, at that price I'll be happy with whatever it has! :D

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
It looks great, and it's good to have another low priced fanned fret, but after looking at this and at the Roter production model for a while now, I'm gunna have to go Roter, for a bit extra cash, awesome body/neck wood and a really cool bridge makes it worth it.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow I honestly never thought Agile would do the fanned frets, VERY cool that you're considering it now Kurt. :yesway: I might be down for one too, I'd prefer the intrepid 4+3 headstock over a 7-inline. :2c:

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Any mention of the width at the nut? Douglas 7-strings are WAY to tight for me and Agiles are just a bit too tight. I'd love something 2" to 2-1/8" (51 to 55mm) at the nut.

Ray

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Agile ftmfw... That is all...

Wow I honestly never thought Agile would do the fanned frets, VERY cool that you're considering it now Kurt. :yesway: I might be down for one too, I'd prefer the intrepid 4+3 headstock over a 7-inline. :2c:

:agreed:

Multiscale 8 sounds fun...

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Wow, i cant wait for this to come out (if it does), any one have any idea for a time table of when this guitar will be released?

')