Agile Pendulum Elite 72527 Multiscale

• Thread starter Kayzer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nifty1234

Reaction score
Honestly, from my experience with multiscale guitars (have tried a 6, 7, 8, and 10 string multiscale, the joys of knowing a luthier with an ERG fetish) they are very good sounding, but hard to get used to. It's not hard to play, not at all, in fact it is actually more fitted towards the structure of your hands, at least it felt so for me. But it is different feeling than normal guitars, and your muscle memory will need a reprogramming.

As far as i know, these guitars havent been shipped out yet, dunno when theyre set to or if they already have. But i often swear by the names of Agile and Rondo to my guitar students, they are quality for price, and very good customer service.

So the main question, do you already use a 7 string? or would this be your first?

floyo123

Sir.Shredalot
Reaction score
nifty is right, but it really depends on the person.
multiscale is like having scalloped frets, some people get used to it really quick some never..

notasian

Reaction score
i freakin love those 7s with the kalhers! i have the pendulum pro 6 and i love it to death! it didnt take me anytime to get used to the fan or not having inlays but im a really fast learner. now that i have a 6 i really want a mutiscale 8

cons- (compared to my ibanez rg ex) i think the frets are shorter, and i feel like im rubbing the fret board with my fingers a lot (also due to bad technique lol)
-also im not too sure about the quality of the nut (plastic?)
-the neck was alot fatter than my ibby but its not big deal

Pros- fret accsess is amazing!
-active pups are soo nice im soo happy, the cepheus actives are soo crisp and crunchy
-all my electronics work perfectly
-it was shipped in tune, and intonation was perfect woot!
- the flat black finish is soo smooth and silky and doesnt stick at all like gloss finishes do. and the ebony board was soo nice, i got mine b stocked, but it was pretty much flawless.
-frets and fretboard were polished to a mirror like shine

im never going back to single scale guitars! lol fan frets for the win!!! :D
i would say definatly get that guitar i dont see how you couldnt be happy with it!

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
they are amazing instruments, i have the pro 8 string model with the slanted pups

troyguitar

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to offer a multiscale 7+ string guitar for tuning UP, like a 23-25" scale 7.

fleshwoodsteel

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to offer a multiscale 7+ string guitar for tuning UP, like a 23-25" scale 7.

Maybe I'm confused about the purpose of the multiscale neck, but isn't it to increase the scale length for the lower strings to correct for tension/intonation issues? If they reversed it, what would the effect on the higher strings be?:scratch:

Reaction score
I'd like to get one, but am apprehensive about buying a guitar without playing it first.

Maybe I'll find someone in the Southern California Area who has one.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Maybe I'm confused about the purpose of the multiscale neck, but isn't it to increase the scale length for the lower strings to correct for tension/intonation issues? If they reversed it, what would the effect on the higher strings be?:scratch:

Sure if you're tuning lower than normal then a longer scale on the low strings can help, but the same principle applies to tuning higher - a shorter scale on the high strings can be helpful. I'm more interested in tuning to EADGCEA on a 7 which necessitates a shorter scale to do effectively. I want more meedleys not more breakdowns :lol:

sadicus

Reaction score
NONE of the guitar shops within 100 miles have an 8 string in stock, or fanned frets. I really would like to play the different scale lengths,
so i appeal to those of you who have played on these guitars

1) Headstock tuners better to have 8 per side or 4 per side?
2) is it just for looks, or does it effect sustain?

3) any advantage to playing on fanned frets for two hand tapping?

')