Agile Semicustoms: ST/TC (strat/tele) Are up!

• Thread starter Sponge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
I asked Kurt:

1)Will they be offered in 8 string?
2)Will the ST bridge with the trem arm be available on the TC model?
3)Will there be an option for a 27' scale?

His response:
1 and 2 – probably not now - #3 – yes I think we can have a longer scale option.

So, obviously getting a bit excited, went on good ole Kisekae to start pondering the possibilities and playing with custom build options. P.S. It only does 6 string versions, so you'll have to imagine a 7, or enlighten us on a better app. :)

Strat: https://www.yajimastringworks.com/kisekae/VIM_ST/Kis90105_w1020.asp

Tele: https://www.yajimastringworks.com/kisekae/VIM_TE/Kis90105_w1020.asp

A few of us have been expressing our interest in getting one of these, so, what ideas have you got brewing?

I'll start with a dark TC.

VP5ejjA.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jimwratt

Reaction score
In the words of Ozzy Osbourne: Whoa lord yeah

Negav

Reaction score
I wonder who'll be the first one to order a 10 string tele or strat.

ONE

He who is cake.
Reaction score
Wow these seem alot cheaper than the other semi customs

EDIT: an F-hole option would be nice :(

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but this does pertain to the current custom options:

So here's what I'm thinking would be cool, since I just spotted the "Custom Options" section and saw the available models:

Agile Harm model
-Slim Neck
-MOP Trap Inlay
-25.5" scale
-Stainless steel frets
-Ebony fretboard
-Neck and bridge alnico humbuckers
-Stop tail bridge
-Chrome hardware
-Single cream binding
-Black pickguard
And the cherry on top?
-12 string :agreed:

Inspired by Brent Hinds' 12 string. :D
e7b69cd7-2bd8-481c-8e2b-a461471ad67c.JPG

Only issue is that silverburst isn't an option on the custom page for this model. I'm sure if I emailed Kurt about it he could make it an option though. I don't have the money to throw down for one like I listed right now, but at only $315 it seems like a hell of a deal for a pretty cool guitar! (IMO)

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Double-check your math - Rondo bills for semi-customs in two installments, so that $315 may just be your half-up-front payment.

Ah yeah you're right. Just checked again, it's a deposit of $315 with a final payment of $235 if I'm reading it correctly. But even then, still good pricing if you ask me.

Reaction score
What ever way you look at it, that's bloody cheap for a (semi) custom guitar. I'd order an 8 string Tele if they had the option, I just wish they had the Ghost back up on their custom page. Might have to send an email to Kurt about it.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I'll start with a dark TC.

VP5ejjA.png

Awesome that they added these as semi-custom. I want pretty much this exactly but as a 7 string with Bridge/Neck humbuckers. Thinking about a Strat body 6 string as well.

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Awesome that they added these as semi-custom. I want pretty much this exactly but as a 7 string with Bridge/Neck humbuckers. Thinking about a Strat body 6 string as well.

We'll have mirrored guitars :cool:
Going with the mini humbuckers too. Have you tried a Sentinel? They're surprisingly comfy in a 7. Check back when you post your order as well brother! I'll do the same. :)

P.S. Digging the Ghost BC av!

Skullet

Reaction score
1 Agile AL-3XXX Custom w/Case (Deposit for May 2014) Agile AL-3XXX Custom w/Case (May) Final Payment of $285 Due $349.95 $349.95
Wine Red
22 Frets
AL (Single Cut)
Solid Mahogany
Standard Set Neck
Bridge Only Agile Hum 1V 1T
6 String
Slim Neck
MOP Block Inlay
Maple FB
Stainless (+$50)
Tone Pros TOM
Gold HW
Black Knobs / Black Rings
Black Pickguard
Triple Cream Binding
Right Handed
24 3/4

This is my order AL Semi Custom :)

celticelk

Reaction score
Going with the mini humbuckers too. Have you tried a Sentinel? They're surprisingly comfy in a 7. Check back when you post your order as well brother! I'll do the same. :)

I would be extremely surprised if the mini-humbucker option is available for >6 strings. Rondo is not always good about making exclusions explicit in these forms, and as far as I know no one is making an ERG mini-hum at the moment. I'm betting that single-coil and humbucker options will be your only choices for 7-strings.

Skullet

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but this does pertain to the current custom options:

So here's what I'm thinking would be cool, since I just spotted the "Custom Options" section and saw the available models:

Agile Harm model
-Slim Neck
-MOP Trap Inlay
-25.5" scale
-Stainless steel frets
-Ebony fretboard
-Neck and bridge alnico humbuckers
-Stop tail bridge
-Chrome hardware
-Single cream binding
-Black pickguard
And the cherry on top?
-12 string :agreed:

Inspired by Brent Hinds' 12 string. :D
e7b69cd7-2bd8-481c-8e2b-a461471ad67c.JPG

Only issue is that silverburst isn't an option on the custom page for this model. I'm sure if I emailed Kurt about it he could make it an option though. I don't have the money to throw down for one like I listed right now, but at only $315 it seems like a hell of a deal for a pretty cool guitar! (IMO)

I just had an e-mail from kurt saying he has added a reverse headstock as an option for the reaper body - if you ask he will definitly add silverburst to the options for you :)

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

No, haven't tried any Agiles yet. Been wanting to pick one up for a while though. But for around $550 for a semi-custom 7 String Tele, I will take the chance. I thought about the minibuckers, but I already have a Firebird with minibuckers. Not sure what neck profile to get though. So far this is what I am looking at doing.

TC
2 Piece Ash
Black Flame
Slim Neck
No Inlays
Maple Fretboard
Humbucker
None
Humbucker
Black HW
7 String (+100) +100
Black Guard
Right Handed

shawnperolis

7 String Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
I just had an e-mail from kurt saying he has added a reverse headstock as an option for the reaper body - if you ask he will definitly add silverburst to the options for you :)

Kurt is really awesome when it comes to stuff like that. I ordered a custom 10 string Intrepid with a 28.625-30 scale, and then I found out they used to offer 27-30. I emailed him about it and he changed my order to 27-30, even though that wasn't on the options list when I built it.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is really not helping my GAS right now. :lol:

Latest posts

')