Agile Septor 727

• Thread starter Verbius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Verbius

Reaction score
Yo I'm friggin torn I was looking at the LTD SC-607 and the Ibanez 7320 but then I saw this
Agile Septor 727 Black Flame

And I'm strangely intrigued. Does anyone know about this guitar? Here's the link: Agile Septor 727 Black Flame at HomeOld .

Looks like a sick ass guitar...curious about the pickups etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I have one. After I got it, I stopped playing my 607b entirely and ended up selling it. Now the 727 is my main guitar. With a pickup upgrade it is a beast of a guitar. Thicker neck than the 607b, but very comfortable.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
i ordered a custom version of this guitar back in May. it will finally be shipping out to me on monday so i'll let ya know how i like it.

AZ7

Hello World
Reaction score
I have one. After I got it, I stopped playing my 607b entirely and ended up selling it. Now the 727 is my main guitar. With a pickup upgrade it is a beast of a guitar. Thicker neck than the 607b, but very comfortable.

What kind of pups did you upgrade to? Thanks!

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
Lundgren M7 bridge and Dimarzio X2N neck. The M7 is tight as hell and the X2N screams :metal:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
You'll want to change the pickups but after that you'll have yourself a sick ass guitar.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
The prices are so cheap... what gives?

Verbius

Reaction score
With a pickup upgrade it is a beast of a guitar.

I actually just saw that they carry one with EMG 707's....so I'm all over that thing....it looks sweet. I like a bit beefer neck cause I have big hands...not long fingers so I can actually wrap my hand around better with a bit of a bigger neck...sweet I'm so stoked someone turned me on to them...

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are Korean Imports and are great guitars for the money. I owned a Septor 727 and only let it go cuz my picking "technique" suffered due to the TOM bridge not being recessed. All in all a great guitar - just make sure you get a case for it if you get it cuz finding one that fits is a bitch.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I really wish Kurt had these black ones in stock when I ordered mine, I much prefer ebony boards of the maple one on my Tribal Purple Septor. It's a fantastic guitar, but I still would have preferred this one.

Izebecool

Reaction score
Agile Interceptor Pro 27 Black Flame EB at HomeOld

Is that the one youre talking about with the LFR? I say go for it I would tottaly get one if I had some cash to throw down on it. Just make sure you want a 27" scale. Im kind of skeptical about that I would like to try one out first before I would spend that much just because I dont know if I personaly would like a 27".

Verbius

Reaction score
yeah i think I'm going to get it. 27" will be fine for me considering my hands when spread go from the 1st fret to the 17th. .. (that's both hands on a 25.5). And I'm down tuned to drop G so GDGCFAD....so it'll have some bow and arrow feel to it...I'll take a picture when I get it.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Anyone know those agile LFRs are as low-pro as the ibanez lo profile floyds?
Anything higher would get in the way of your picking hand right?

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Man I love the agile septor 727. I didn't think they'd have another run anytime soon but go figure. I almost like them as much as the 7 string ghost agiles.. ALMOST. I do prefer the passive routes of the 727, however. kurt should really introduce some passive routed 7 string ghosts w/ a 27" scale. I'd be fucking sold then.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
I actually just saw that they carry one with EMG 707's....so I'm all over that thing....it looks sweet.

that is actually the only thing that makes mine a "custom" :lol:

that and the fact that it's left-handed. i should have it on wednesday next week. this has been the LONGEST 8 months of my entire life!!!

The prices are so cheap... what gives?

the "Agile" brand is owned by Kurt from Rondomusic. he has an OEM factory in Korea that makes these guitars for him. he has absolutely no advertising costs, no store front, and to my knowledge only an employee or two to pay.

those are the main reasons why he can offer neck-thru 7 strings with name brand parts like EMG, Grover, Tone-pros for under/around $600.

up until a few years ago, he had a store in New Jersey. of course by the time i found out about Rondo, he had closed up shop and moved up north

:wallbash:

')